Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Job....

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Hey

Im only 14 but i'm looking for either a saturday job or a job i can do after school. I could really do with the extra cash right now. My main porblem is who is going to take on 14 year old with not much experience at all and my second problem is where would i look, everyone wants somebody at least 16 (i don't blame them, i would) so i'm finding it really difficult. I don't know anybody who would want any use for a someone of 14....anyone know how to help me where to go on from now??

Sarah
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    What about a paper round? Volunteer to do some gardening or dog walking or something. Or dishwashing at your local hotel/restaurant?

These were all things that either I or my friends did aged 14.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    try waitressing, i had the exact same problem and had to lie abiout my age a few times(not recommended) but eventually after ringing around a few hotels and pubs i got a job, some places dont mind 14 yr olds but bear in mind tht pay wont be high so dnt epect great amounts.
    Hope this helps!
    Baby sitting??? Put a notice up in your local corner shop or parish magazine
    Cat and dog sitting???

My sister worked in a fish and chip shop when she was 15 - but there were lots of restrictions on what she could and couldnt' do.
    I was paid to deliver those rubbish free newspapers when I was that age, except no-one really wanted them so I ended up just dumping at least half of them each week.
    kids today are so much different (haha i'm only 19). back in my day we all had paper rounds!
    I would say that local free paper or market stall is probably going to be your best bet
    Why do you need so much cash at 14????? :no:

Bopz
    kids today are so much different (haha i'm only 19). back in my day we all had paper rounds!

Yep we sure did, ahhh the days of getting up at 6 everyday to do a paper round before school lol