Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

So near yet so far.........

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Well only about a month to go now til degree's all over, and it's driving me absolutely crazy.........the stress has been building up for a while now, i can't get any proper sleep, have trouble concentrating, basically i seem to be losing the plot just when i need my wits the most..........anybody else having/had this problem?..........i know i will get there, it just seems to be taking bloody forever, and in the meantime i'm going insane...........one of my friends has started drinking in the evenings to get to sleep, i didn't think it would be this bad...........aghhhhh i'm gonna get absolutely trashed when this is all over.........i just can't stop thinking about the finish line...........and it's not even the end cos i have to sort flat and job out..........tell me life isn't this stressful.....i've booked a holiday which is nice, as long as i dont have a mental breakdown before then.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    kathryn wrote:
    I'm in the same boat as you, my final exam is on 26th May, only difference is ive kinda given up.
    I've lost all motivation and just want it to be over.
    My dissertation is due in less then two weeks and its only half done and i really cant bring myself to do it at all.
    I know im gonna get a 2:2 now after wanting a 2:1 because ive just lost it all. i used to be such a hard worker but i just hate it now.
    Quite depressing really.

how does this happen? i nearly quit at the end of last year because i was pissed off with it all, then decided to stick it out no point wasting 2 years and 10 grand for nothing..........on may 15th i will be a free man, like getting out of jail or something i swear.
    apollo_69 wrote:
    Well only about a month to go now til degree's all over, and it's driving me absolutely crazy.........the stress has been building up for a while now, i can't get any proper sleep, have trouble concentrating, basically i seem to be losing the plot just when i need my wits the most..........anybody else having/had this problem?..........i know i will get there, it just seems to be taking bloody forever, and in the meantime i'm going insane...........one of my friends has started drinking in the evenings to get to sleep, i didn't think it would be this bad...........aghhhhh i'm gonna get absolutely trashed when this is all over.........i just can't stop thinking about the finish line...........and it's not even the end cos i have to sort flat and job out..........tell me life isn't this stressful.....i've booked a holiday which is nice, as long as i dont have a mental breakdown before then.

try and cut down on the ole smoke and definately don't do shrooms or cid...taking them when your stressed will send you up the wall...i know cos i went temporarily insane there for a while....
    Puts hand up..yes I am in the same situation at the moment as are my friends. Just want it all to be over. It doesn't help that my personal life is up in the air at the same time, just can't concentrate. I'll be so disappointed if I don't get a 2:1 Keep stressing about the future.

I have got an interview for a postgraduate course next week too, something else to worry about!