Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Somebody Help Me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does ne 1 no the driving rules if sum 1 cn drive if they can only see out of one eye

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    does ne 1 no the driving rules if sum 1 cn drive if they can only see out of one eye

If you are blind in one eye I believe you aren't allowed to drive. I seem to remember that was why one of my mum's friends couldn't drive :)

You might get more help with things like this in the Anything Goes forum in the future, this is mainly for introducing yourself to the rest of thhe board members. Welcome :)
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Speak to the DVLA.
    Pretty sure you are allowed to drive because i know someone who can, but i think you have to get your liscence renewed more often or something.

From the DVLA website ...

Complete loss of vision in one eye. Must notify DVLA but may drive when clinically advised that

1) driver has adapted to the disability and
    2) the prescribed eyesight standard in the remaining eye can be satisfied and
    3) there is a normal monocular visual field in the remaining eye, i.e. there is no area of defect which is caused by pathology.

So that would be a "yes" subject to some conditions.

Ian.