Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

any police people on here?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
currently going through the process of applying to be a police constable, just wondering if anyone on here has any experience of this at all?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I got the application form once. I know you have to be quite fit, answer the questions suitably well, and have decent sight. Unfortunately my sight is too shit to be considered :|
    Ex Canadian Military Policeman here...does that count? Also studied Criminology for a bit.
    work in probation, possible future as a police officer
    the fitness test and sight should be no probs. just wondering about the interview, anyone got that far?? dont wanna fuck it up cos i'd really love to be a bobby.
    You might try searching for posts by Whowhere (think that was the name) - I'm sure he was applying when he used to post
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I have two friends who both joined the police force last year and they both waited over a year from their first application before they were recruited to start training and do their exams.

Listening to them talk about their experiences the main thing that struck me is that if you are truly comitted to it, and persist with your application then there is hope for getting a job. it important to make sure that the force you are applying to is actually recruiting, as there are apparently particular times when they are and they aren't.

Also one fo my friends failed her fitness test the first time, but passed the second and is now a fully fledged officer.

Good luck!
    AndyW is a police man now. he did a few posts on here about it as he was going through the application process that you might be interested in looking into. Not sure how often Andy checks this site anymore though as to whether he'll be able to help you.
    thanks for the info guys ill check out these other guys posts if i can find owt.

I already know it takes time to go through the application process, luckily the force im applying for has advised 3-6months but some others are more like 12.

ive practiced the fitness test on my own and its pretty simple. The strength tests are very easy and the running aint that bad, so thats the least of my worries at the moment. Im applying on line which is good because you can use your application to different forces as and when you want.

I think this is finally what ive decided on doing with my life so if i fail the first time, i definately will be taking their advice and trying again!

fingers crossed noinch