Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bleed after sex?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm still a virgin but I don't mind because I am only 16 but mates tell me that you bleed after sex for the first time. Is this true? If so, is it right after, do I just put a pad on, how long does it last for.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bleeding after the first time is pretty rare. I know cos I asked all my female friends... The hymen is hardly ever a great thick bit of tissue that tears and bleeds, so relax, it's nothing to worry about.

Some girls are even born without them. Don't worry about those scare stories!

If you use tampons, do a lot of sport, or masturbate, your hymen has probably stretched out of the way already, so it will be OK when you first have sex.

If you do bleed, it shouldn't be that painful. The worst will be one or 2 drops of blood, and a slightly sore feeling for a day or 2. Remember you have been using muscles that you probably never used before!

The first time, wait until you are both really ready, and don't rush it. Make sure there's lots of lubrication, use a condom, and let the girl be in charge of what goes where. There are lots of positions where the girl controls the movement.

It isn't an ordeal, you're supposed to enjoy it! It isn't like you have to lie there and let some bloke do nasty painful things to you.

Hope that stops you worrying

Mickey
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I bleed on my sheets and all you feel is a pop kinda thing and thats it. I passed about half a teaspon of blood and me and my boyfriend hardly noticed it honest. Dont be afraid to have sex get in there and have the best shag eva and ur first