Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

do u go 2 uni in london or middlesex???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I SERIOUSLY NEED YOUR HELP!

my friend wants to trnafer to a uni in either of these places and she has looked at the prospectus and been to open days but she is aware that they are going to make these place out to be *fabulous* because they want to get interest.

could anyone tell me about their experiences going to this uni of? living? what courses you did etc? the more detail the better? i really need your help guys... pllleeeease? :yes:

and if anyone is studying philosophy thats even better!!!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    that would be 'transfer'!!!! :blush:
  • Options
    I think you mean Middlesex university, which is in london! In fact it's right by where i live there are different campuses though if he/she's going to either the enfield, trent park or cat hill campus then she/he'll be fine! It's not the most exciting area in the city but i like it and it's very studenty! However, if they end up at the white hart lane campus then i've got a feeling they'll think they've made a big mistake as it not the nicest of areas!
  • Options
    i know... i'm a dork... i just realised that!!
  • Options
    I live in Enfield, and escaped when I went to uni. I wouldn't recommend coming here myself
  • Options
    tell me more ultrablue.

why not. whats wrong with it?

i'm going to need a valid argument to get her to stay!
  • Options
    lol, the locals (notice how I distance myself :)) tend to have quite a lot of attitude - all think they are hard, or come from the ghetto... despite having stupidly expensive trainers etc., and aren't that great in general. There aren't a lot of decent places to go, compared to the big university cities, unless you go in to central london, which is expensive, and hard to get back from on public transport at night. I only know where the trent park and cat hill campuses are, and while things might be ok on campus, the local areas are pretty shite for activities.

erm... I know I'm being a bit pessimistic about the area - I had a reasonably good time growing up here, but you out grow places, and there are a lot better places than here, trust me. Feel free to ask anything else, and it's just my opinion. I'm sure some people love it