Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hockey

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
hey any body play hockey here? :wave:
have you tried and hated it? :no:
well i'd love to talk to any one about hockey, its my sport and have recently got an injury and am banned for 3 months!!! :crying:
its been just under a month and am sure its better, but the hospital are telling me not to :( ! its NOT fare!
any way please speek to me because i am soooooooooo bord!!! :banghead:
lol xxx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    three months!?!?! i dont think i could last. although its the end of the season now really so i suppose i could last cos no choise really! only about 6months until the leagues start up again. unless you were thinking of playing summer hockey?
    i miss hockey, when i was at school i played 5 or so times a week with my towns team training as well. but now im at uni i play once a week at the most, its really cliquey and hard to get into grrr.
    but anyways, hope the injury gets better pronto!
  • Options
    I haven't played since school I kinda enjoyed it but I wasn't a massive fan of it.
  • Options
    Think you are suffering???

Because of the greed of the NHL team owner and over paid players of the NHLPA, this years season has been cancelled......an entire year without seeing my Vancouver Canucks play.......to Canadians, this is a national disaster.....
  • Options

Because of the greed of the NHL team owner and over paid players of the NHLPA, this years season has been cancelled......an entire year without seeing my Vancouver Canucks play.......to Canadians, this is a national disaster.....

not quite following you there
  • Options

would that be Ice Hockey?
    Still not follwing either though....
  • Options
    nhl=national hockey league, yes ice hockey, yes fairly major, like cancelling the premiership football or something.
  • Options
    When I was younger I played (astro) hockey on a regular basis, then I played for the team at my secondary school up until year 10. But then I gave it up because the coach was such a cow. I don't play anymore, but it will always be my favourite sport..
  • Options
    I play astro Hockey for Ladies but next season (if I don't move to Australia) I'm joining a Mixed team that my friends are setting up ready for next season. Can't wait! I've not really had any major injuries from hockey. I have fallen over, yeah but not like had to be banned from it!
  • Options
    When i played hockey at school for PE i actually really enjoyed it, well the matches anyway. Always had good games and a good laugh playin hockey. I would probably play it again if i had the chance, but not for a team though, only mess around with friends. :)
  • Options
    When I was at school our Rugby team played against the local girls' school Hockey team for charity. Considering it was their School's sport and we were first timers we did great, holding out for 0-0. And we had 3 goals disallowed, of which at least 1 should have stood! The girls were totally humiliated. :lol:
  • Options
    would that be Ice Hockey?
    Still not follwing either though....

There's another kind of hockey?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:
  • Options
    There's another kind of hockey?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yes yours is Ice Hockey (with ice) whereas ours is hockey (no ice). The same way you silly people call American football, 'football' and call proper football 'soccer'. Your terminology is very flawed ;)
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    Yes yours is Ice Hockey (with ice) whereas ours is hockey (no ice). The same way you silly people call American football, 'football' and call proper football 'soccer'. Your terminology is very flawed ;)

Actually....I call American style football crap.....the Canadian version is a bit better......wider field, ten more yards and one less down.....but still crap......rugby is a good game as is footie......

And hockey was invented here in Canada and was played on ice. The story goes that hockey evolved out of the game Lacrosse.....

As for field hockey.....it is mainly a girls game here, and from what I have seen, they are more then welcome to it.....vicious and cruel.......and more in keeping with the original form of Lacrosse, which was known by the first nations people as "Little Brother Of War".
  • Options
    well to be technical before 1856 (where the rules were established at cambridge universty) football was the term used for a violent mob style "sport" with a lack of rules restrictions organisation and equiptment. Soccer was established after they made the rules where you could not use your hands, had to have 11 players e.t.c. So technically the sport we follow today is soccer.. oh well thats irrevent anway, just using my time on the interent to revise my AS level PE ;)

As for hockey i cant stand the sport, i was useless at is as ive played golf and cricket and am left handed, meaning i swing facing the otherway with my right foot infront of my left. And they dont make left handed sticks and you cant use the back of the stick THATS LEFT HANDED DESCRIMINATION lol grr
  • Options
    I used to play roller hockey and enjoyed it very much!

But got bored and went over to doing more fancy skating.....

Back when I played three months without it would've killed me!
  • Options
    Cheesy_stick
    Yer...its well bad not playing... :crying:
    I broke my collar bone...i was running up the pitch...when a rather 'large' (if thats a BIG enough word) ran into me...she went on the floor and i was still standing...like ouch!!! :crying:
    Then she started having a go at me and calling me a bitch and other stuff...for running into her!!!!!!!!!!!! i was like oh my god...my arm hurts...my mum took me to hospital (she plays to) and they told me it was broke...i thort that it would be better in a couple of weeks or some thing....but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo the docter (dik head!) said 3 months :crying:
    o well, i am going to start up training again, but games are a no go :no: