Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Social class

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    "Originally Posted by Rich Kid
    In my view "class" within our society is defined by:

- money, how much you earn, and how much in the way of financial assets you own both here & abroad

- - where you live, ie a place that has a high social standing and attracts successful entrepreneurs

- the car you drive, or the cars you own

The rest is as they say "a load of bollox"

There are those who have all the above, and there are those who aspire to have all the above - end of story. "
    How come every seriously wealthy person I have ever met dresses like a tramp and bombs around in a beaten up, shitbox car then?
    You're meeting the wrong people then!!
    Ever seen Richard Branson? He looks like he's presenting Newsround for god's sake. His main interests include dropping into the ocean and grinning like a cunt for no reason.
    A tip for you, as someone who has met RB, don't be fooled by the public persona, RB is a very clever guy and knows exactly how to project the right image for the media!
    The only people who really go for that "proving how rich I am" stuff are those who haven't realised yet what it can't do. Money only tends to be a problem for those with too much and those with none. Everyone else just muddles on by.
    Keep thinking that way!! Ignorance is bliss!

I've amended my list just now, I left out one very important point - having the right connections in order to exert power and influence decisions - vital!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:

How come every seriously wealthy person I have ever met dresses like a tramp and bombs around in a beaten up, shitbox car then?

I have to say that I agree with Rich Kid on this. The wealthy people I know are not flashy, with huge Gucci logos on their clothes, but clearly know how to dress in a way where it doesn't show Gucci but smells Gucci, YSL, Givency, etc. Most of them at least.