Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

think abortion is contraception?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Some women have had several abortions, and it's got to be down to pure ignorance. <P class="body">Too many people seem to use abortion as a form of contraception, but this is really wrong. They should be taking more responsibility for their own birth control. And having several terminations can make it impossible to have a healthy pregnancy later in life.<P class="body">That's before you look at the moral implications...........

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't think anyone would suggest abortion is always the best option but this doesn't mean you should go and preach about people not "taking more responsibiliity got their birth control". No matter how safe you are, accidents can happen. <P class="body">And lets not get into the moral issues here. it will go on all day.
    Well, one mistake is a mistake. Two mistakes is bad luck...<P class="body">But five terminations in less than five years is more than careless. Shame sex education is so bad in schools.
    Blimey RedEd. <P class="body">Sounds like the women you're talking about are not the only ones that ned a bit of sex education!!<P class="body">I'd be surprised if there were many women who see abortion as a form of contraception. It's physically and mentally traumatic.<P class="body">More likely theirs is a genuine contraception failure, or they're stuck somewhere in the middle of not wanting to go on the pill because of the hysteria surrounding its safety, and having a boyfriend who doesn't like wearing condoms. <P class="body">Such was my lot when I fell pregnant after being given duff information (from a family planning clinic) about when it was safe to have sex in my menstrual cycle.
    Originally posted by katherinejane:
    Such was my lot when I fell pregnant after being given duff information (from a family planning clinic) about when it was safe to have sex in my menstrual cycle
    <P class="body">Surely this is an issue in itself. We are told to rely on "experts" for advice, and if their advice is bullshit, who can we blame? Ther's lots of lies sifting about it seems.