Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

More questions raised about US elections...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nothings written down, which while a great source of strength for the government (they can do what they like) is also a weakness (you go to court and ask for where it's written down).

I think the court could point you to revelant pieces of legislation eg Ministers of the Crown Act 1975, the Reform Act 1832 or Act of Settlement 1701.

Most of the UK constitution is written down. Its just the laws are not in one document
  • Options
    Yes they certainly can. But if you go that crucial one step further and ask where and when they got the authority to make those laws in the first place the whole thing comes to a grinding halt.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    But if you go that crucial one step further and ask where and when they got the authority to make those laws in the first place the whole thing comes to a grinding halt.
    they will answer with ...and in gods name ...or ...by the authority invested in me by god ...
  • Options
    Yeah.

Which is where things get a bit tricky.......you see courts specifically deal with facts. There is a rule of evidence procedure. So if the ability of the "government" to tell me what to do comes from "god" then they have to produce some hard evidence of his existence in accordance with the rules of evidence.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Yeah.

Which is where things get a bit tricky.......you see courts specifically deal with facts. There is a rule of evidence procedure. So if the ability of the "government" to tell me what to do comes from "god" then they have to produce some hard evidence of his existence in accordance with the rules of evidence.
    me thinks you just don't understand the rules they run the show with mate.
    yes ...they make it all up as they go along ...same as it ever was.
  • Options
    Ah well, you have got that right.

But it's not me saying it, it's them. Providing you ask questions and get conflicting answers from them you are fine. If you advance an opinion then you are fucked because they are bullies and thieves.

But nice simple questions like -

Can I ask questions and expect answers? (yeah sure, I am a small god and you are a flea, wheres the harm)

Am I presumed innocent? (Yes of course. like it's going to make any difference)

Am I presumed innocent of every element of the alleged offence? (hang on he's sussed me oh fuck but i have already said yes ermmmm yeah)

Is the existence of the law an element of the alleged offence? (Fuck!! time to throw a fit and get him out of here)

They are just people and they aren't that bright. "They" don't exist - you are just dealing with individuals with beliefs that don't stack up.
  • Options
    so whats your problem klit?
    the whole of reality is an illusion.
    all is spinning and vibrating.
    there is more space than matter.
    our solid reality is an illusion.
    so what we going to do about that then?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Have some respect for the world's greatest Democracy. You may not like Bush but he won so who are you to say he's a "moron" - that in itself is a cretinous remark to make!

1: we aren't a democrcyh, we are a republic, a democratic republic at best

2: the first time we know he didn't win, the second time around we can be fairly certain that he didn't win either

3: ever listen to a bush speech there buddy?
  • Options
    1: we aren't a democrcyh, we are a republic, a democratic republic at best

2: the first time we know he didn't win, the second time around we can be fairly certain that he didn't win either

3: ever listen to a bush speech there buddy?

I watched all three televised debates. He won on two policies, both of which I disagree with. 'Be afraid be very afraid' and 'Kerry would kill baby Jesus'.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Ah well, you have got that right.

But it's not me saying it, it's them. Providing you ask questions and get conflicting answers from them you are fine. If you advance an opinion then you are fucked because they are bullies and thieves.

But nice simple questions like -

Can I ask questions and expect answers? (yeah sure, I am a small god and you are a flea, wheres the harm)

Am I presumed innocent? (Yes of course. like it's going to make any difference)

Am I presumed innocent of every element of the alleged offence? (hang on he's sussed me oh fuck but i have already said yes ermmmm yeah)

Is the existence of the law an element of the alleged offence? (Fuck!! time to throw a fit and get him out of here)

They are just people and they aren't that bright. "They" don't exist - you are just dealing with individuals with beliefs that don't stack up.

as much as you would preach this tripe to a court if you were defending yourself for murdering someone, i would personally laugh as you got carried away for the rest of your life and still believed you had been hard done by
  • Options
    Oh dear.

It doesn't work if you have actually injured another person. The whole point is that if "the government" are taking you to task for breaking one of their "rules" there has been no injured party as the government itself is a lie. When the existence of "the government" cannot be proven, then there has been no one injured and so you are free to go.

It's called habeas corpus - or "I have the body" There is no government, there is no england so there is no body.

Murder is a common law crime and needs no statute. It is mentioned in the magna carta though. (As is the illegality of charging interest on loans) You cannot use this approach if there is an actual living human who has been injured. You can if some prick who thinks his cult is more important than your stuff tries to rob you through the courts.

Stop paying your taxes, it only gives them more fuel to rob you tommorrow as well.
  • Options
    yet another thread derailed onto taxes, oh dear........any chance of sticking to the subject? i believe you already started a thread about the legality of laws and such, so post in there.....if you want to talk about democratic republics and what not go ahead.
  • Options
    Many apologies, I was answering questions raised by my on topic answer.

It does show the flexibility (immorality?) of those in power that they can pull such a gigantic con as calling themselves "democracies". Stalin's russia was held to be a democratic entity.

The technology is available and will only get better to enable "one man, one vote" on individual issues. The real question is whether anyone would really want to deal with the thorny problems of "bring back hanging", "send 'em back" and "outlaw homosexuality" with a majority in favour of all those delightful propositions.

As I said before we have an elaborate PR scheme to prevent us from finding out that nothing has actually changed relative to those in power. Everyone has much better living standards now, but that is down to the inventiveness and industry of the working population.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    It does show the flexibility (immorality?) of those in power that they can pull such a gigantic con as calling themselves "democracies". Stalin's russia was held to be a democratic entity.

yes indeed, how long before we see the Gulags in America i wonder, heard of FEMA anyone?

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=221

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/camps_confirmed.htm

http://www.rotten.com/library/conspiracy/american-concentration-camps/

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/con_camps.htm

i don't think it's any wonder there's a sudden outcry for gun control in america......
  • Options
    Cheery reading.

The biggest problem I can see is that there is no balance. If you were locked up in Russia twenty years ago you at least had the tiny consolation that those who locked you up had some competition somewhere in the world.

Who can stand against the "democratic" nations if not their own populations? How difficult is it to do when you are told that whatever happens it's because "the people" willed it?

I live in England and it's not something that people here easily get - the fact that an individual has the right to ignore the state, to defend themselves against not just the burglars and whatnot, but against the police as well.

I shall have a think on this..thanks for the links.
  • Options
    I live in England

Er, you can't as according to you it doesn't exist....
  • Options
    Lol.

How many bloody times - the geography is there but it doesn't care how you divide it up. Geographically I live in the place that is called "England" on maps. Marvellous, you can now find me. The map, is not the territory though. It could be called "legoland" and you would still know where I was.

Quite how that entirely arbitary distinction means I have to behave in certain ways I will leave for you to describe to me.

(Sorry again for going off topic.)
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    I live in England and it's not something that people here easily get - the fact that an individual has the right to ignore the state, to defend themselves against not just the burglars and whatnot, but against the police as well.
    Do they? Thats not my reading of the situation!

We don't live in a Democracy in this country. We should be electing our second chamber and our President instead of living in this land of Fairy Tales, Castles, Kings, Queens, and all the rest of the nonsense! For God's sake when are we going to grow up and become citizens of the 21st century?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:

We don't live in a Democracy in this country. We should be electing our second chamber and our President instead of living in this land of Fairy Tales, Castles, Kings, Queens, and all the rest of the nonsense! For God's sake when are we going to grow up and become citizens of the 21st century?

then why don't you just bag your bags and fuck away off to america for good....i'm sure that would make a lot of people happy...
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:

have you taken lsd!
    please elaborate as this seems very wrong to be coming from you.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    then why don't you just bag your bags and fuck away off to america for good....i'm sure that would make a lot of people happy...
    Going back at the end of the month, happy now? ;) Meanwhile I'm here for another 4 weeks!