Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Relationships with friends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm having mixed feelings about someone I know right now. I really like her and love her personality and we've become good friends.

She's part of the group I'm in and that makes things complicated. I asked one of the other girls out a while ago and she refused and pretty much went cold on me for the next 2 months. I really don't want to make that mistake again, apart from looking like a total loser but I don't want a chance like this to pass me by. She also went out witha friend of mine but I dont think that would bother either of us since he says he wasn't ready for a relationship and ended it months and months ago.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you got any indication of how she feels about you? I say, that if you think she likes you then go for it. Maybe look for some signals, and flirt with her a little. If she responds well to the flirting, then its a good sign. Then you could maybe invite her out somewhere, just the two of you. If she kind of backs off from you a bit, then I say leave it as she probably only wants friendship.
    Have you got any indication of how she feels about you? I say, that if you think she likes you then go for it. Maybe look for some signals, and flirt with her a little. If she responds well to the flirting, then its a good sign. Then you could maybe invite her out somewhere, just the two of you. If she kind of backs off from you a bit, then I say leave it as she probably only wants friendship.
    People say I flirt with them all the time though (How the fuck tht worked out I'll never know. I'm quite a shy person) so I never really know. We always go out with at least 3 at a time usually so it's hard to get alone time. I told one of my other close friends in the group an she was kinda surprised/excited. I didn't want to tell her over the phone so she started guessing names and the first name she came out with...you guessed it. I feel quite headfucked over it.
    Ok. Bit of an update. I told my friend I liked the girl and she hinted at her. She probably figured out I like her now but she's still not acting any differently which either means she hasn't guessed yet, she's being nice or she wants me to say something. I don't know what to do from here. I wish women were simpler to understand :|
    Jazza wrote:
    Ok. Bit of an update. I told my friend I liked the girl and she hinted at her. She probably figured out I like her now but she's still not acting any differently which either means she hasn't guessed yet, she's being nice or she wants me to say something. I don't know what to do from here. I wish women were simpler to understand :|

Its annoying when stuff like this happens. I hate people knowing who I fancy and trying to do things. Its like, they all know something I and the other person don't. :banghead:

Well if she knows and hasn't mentioned it then she could

a)be too shy, b)not reciprocate these feelings or c)unsure what to do.

If this friend has hinted, then I'd imagine that the girl knows, or at least has an incling. Maybe you could talk to her some more, and TRY to get alone time. Maybe go somewhere with your friend, and the girl, and maybe another person. Get the friend and other person to go off for a minute..so its just you and the girl together..?
    Well. I tried. Moral of the story is:

Don't get too hung up on your best friends :|
    Fancying girls you are friendly with is one of the most difficult things. It is hard to gauge how they feel about you because what may seem like interest in you may just be normal friendly behaviour. It is also difficult because you don't know if to tell them or not, in case you scare them off and lose their friendship.
    Jazza wrote:
    I wish women were simpler to understand :|
    Hehehehe. NEEEVER going to happen. :razz: