Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Scariest film EVER

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Whats the scariest film you've ever seen and why ? :sour:

For me...watching the Hannibal films back to back by myself 2 years ago =[

I was only youngen :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The older ones.... older films were the special effects was crap but the gore was brillient..

hmm.. im trying to think of a few, but a couple of "fucked" up films last house on the left, the left, the rape scene in that was FUCKED up :p
    Hellfire wrote:
    hmm.. im trying to think of a few, but a couple of "fucked" up films last house on the left, the left, the rape scene in that was FUCKED up :p

If that is you trying to be funny it really isn't. It's sick.
    No.. it wasn't funny... like i said it was a FUCKED up scene..

Geez.. this site needs : p smilie that isnt a jokey one :|

EDA no wonder the film was banned.. Serious i thought it was a FUCKED up film
    lost boys was the scariest film ive ever seen - i was only about 5 though and had an irresponsible babysitter. i still can't bring myself to watch it even though everyone says its really good.
    that film was wicked.. the worms bit was funny.. i have it on video
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Bambi.

Seriously? Um... not alot of horror films scares me properly. Most "New"ish ones have been crap, tbh. Saw wasn't scary, it was just gruesome.

Hannibal ones were pretty scary, yeah. Hmm... ones like "I know what you did last summer" and "Blair Witch project" I just end up thinking either "WTF?" or laughing at. Especialyl I know what you did last summer.
    The moment where Leatherface kills his first victim in the first Texas Massacre...

The first time you realise what's over the hill in Wicker Man...

When Ben falls asleep in the house of the mask maker in the latest series of Carnivale...

The red dress of the little girl in Schindler's List (beyond the terror of any horror film).
    Audition
    Protect and Survive . The fact it could've ever been broadcast terrifys me.
    Hellfire wrote:
    No.. it wasn't funny... like i said it was a FUCKED up scene..

Geez.. this site needs : p smilie that isnt a jokey one :|

EDA no wonder the film was banned.. Serious i thought it was a FUCKED up film

I still don't understand...to me it still seems like you are trying to make a pun out of the fact that the rape scene was messed up by using the phrase "fucked up", which still is a bit sick to me.

But feel free to correct me if thats not what you meant, thats just how it comes across to me.

In answer to the original question, I get scared by everything. The Ring is probably the worst I have seen recently, when she comes out of the TV.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Braineater wrote:
    Protect and Survive . The fact it could've ever been broadcast terrifys me.

God yes... I can't beleive those are classed as survival plans! :shocking: Shit scary that is, keep 'em occupied building a sihte shelter while they die. :crying: Government tossers.

Wicker Man was scary too, thanks for reminding me Jim. That was a twisted film indeed.
    Audition. It fucked around with my head, and to a lesser extent Irreversible. The opening scene and rape scenes were truely horrific.
    Jim V wrote:

The red dress of the little girl in Schindler's List (beyond the terror of any horror film).

I know exactly what you mean having seen Hotel Rwanda.
    Jim V wrote:

The best finesse to any film, ever.

Either way, mine has to be The Grudge 2 - Japanese version. No Sarah Michelle Gellar shit.
    I was scared shitless when walking up the stairs after getting home from the movie. And usually I am untouched by horror movies.
    House of a thousands corpses
    The Grudge. :nervous:

I shat my pants. :impissed:
    What's the grudge about?

Naturally I'll watch the Jappaslappa version.
    The Grudge. :nervous:

I shat my pants. :impissed:

Omg no!

Small boy's meowing just don't do it for me :p

Nothing scares me much anymore and that sucks. Although everthing used to terrify me when i was younger all the usual slasher films and what have ya,
    Jim V wrote:

To this day I've never been able to watch more than about half of that film. The only other one I can't sit through is er, Deliverance, lol. It creeps me out on so many levels. Conventional horror movies don't bother me.
    beans wrote:
    Omg no!

i wanted to go home the whole time i was there! :grump: :crying: