Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

friends and dating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want some advice about something. I am dating this girl, we have been dating for the past 2 weeks, I don't want anything long-term but she seems to be looking for something like that. Generally I tend not to introduce girls I'm seeing to my friends and let them hang out together until I have been seeing the girl for a while. But whenever this girl finds out I am going to hang out with my friends, she always texts me and asks me what am I doing that night etc etc but she is obviously hinting to be invited out, but I don't really want to because I really just want to chill with my mates, and I have already promised to take her out on another night.
Am I asking for a little too much, to have time to hang out with mates and time for her separately? When I'm comfortable with her and we have been going out for a while then I wouldn't mind taking her with me, but both of us have only been dating for 1-2 weeks. Or should I let her?

Help :banghead:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    just tell her its a lads night and your mates are important to you too.then confirm you are taking her out on x day so it doesn't seem like such a blow to her.
    She might be lonely or something, but you should make sure she is aware that a guys night out is just for the guys, give it to her straight because women appreciate that more than you know. Also, you said you aren't looking for anything long term, I hope you have made that clear to her because she could get hurt and if you care for her even as a friend, you wouldn't want that to happen now would you?
    Sounds like you're looking for different things at this time. Have you been clear with her that you're not looking for anything long term yet?
    go_away wrote:
    Sounds like you're looking for different things at this time. Have you been clear with her that you're not looking for anything long term yet?

Yeah, give her the option to get out now, before she gets involved too deeply, as a lot of women tend to do!