Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Jamie Oliver

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I knew I shouldn't have clocked on to see what the fuss was about

Used to love chicken nuggets. :no: :yuck: :sour:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aww he's great.

Wierd - nothing like that ever puts me off. I was told what was in ******s once...I still...think they're incredibly scrummy...I mean I've eaten it before regardless, now I know what's in it, doesn't make it taste any less scrummy..!

Malt xx :)

Edited to add : the reason the words been blanked out is because it's used as an abusive term towards homosexuals...thing of another term for a cigarette that rhymes with hag and begins with an F, and add GOT on the end to get the word I mean...lol
    I don't like chicken nuggets...and if I did I would imagine that Jamie would have put me off them. Turkey Twizzlers anyone?
    I feel somewhat left out, as I genuinly had never heard of a turkey twizzler until watching that programme. :(
    Draugen wrote:
    I feel somewhat left out, as I genuinly had never heard of a turkey twizzler until watching that programme. :(

Then you are lucky. I had a bite of one at school once, and spat it back out. Turkey Twizzlers are horrible.
    jamie has become our family hero it's so funny my mum's all 'ohh we lurrrrve jamie'
    the programs really funny as well cos every so often it'll be 'oh i went to primary school with her' 'ohhh she got pregnant at 14' and i saw the 'if i gave you £200' kid at the bus stop the other day

starstruck....
    i think it's great what he's doing.

Yeah I agree, I actually really appreciate what hes trying to do for children, hes a person in a position where he could make a difference and he has/is.
    Go Jamie!
    Draugen wrote:

I'd never heard of them either...eugh they sound/look disgusting. My parents never fed me processed junk like that though, we are a meat and veg type of family..
    i dont understand how it works though, when it was on the other day jamie cooked something and none of the school children went near it, they boycotted the canteen. You'd think most people would buy/ kick up a fuss just because theres cameras and a chance to be on tv. wells that what i'd do. And who would turn down the chance to eat something a famous cheffs cooked! fools
    what is in f aggots then??
    Then you are lucky. I had a bite of one at school once, and spat it back out. Turkey Twizzlers are horrible.

i love them
    Draugen wrote:

Me neither!
    Turkey Twizzlers? a moist version of a dog chew?

Never heard of them till now either. To think we used to complain about being served liver in the 70s!!! at least you knew where it came from.

You lot that have attended school in recent years, is it as bad as they make out?

I'm still trying to get round the fact that the cooks don't know how to cook? and the mothers were suspicious of fresh food and brought their children burgers?

More and more I am becoming convinced that the world is going insane.

:sour:
    yer i like j oliver , hes right funny sometimes , like the bit where ex pres bill clinton came to his resturant and jamie was like going "whats a south beach diet anyway , wankers , plebs all of um" becuase bill clintons crew didnt want what was sorted for the menu that night, and then bill wanted to meet jamie and jamie just drove off , hahahahah well done son
    i think its great what he's doing

first person to make an effort of trying to save childrens lives.

i honestly dont know how some of the children on the programme are even alive. theres no vitamins or minerals in the crap they eat. im suprised they are not showing some wierd deficiency diseases. prolly will be soon.

the parents need to grasp the fact that simply filling their childs stomach is not the principle of eating.
    unfortuatley, at least in greenwich in previous years, it really has been that bad
    Wu^ wrote:
    yer i like j oliver , hes right funny sometimes , like the bit where ex pres bill clinton came to his resturant and jamie was like going "whats a south beach diet anyway , wankers , plebs all of um" becuase bill clintons crew didnt want what was sorted for the menu that night, and then bill wanted to meet jamie and jamie just drove off , hahahahah well done son

Yeah I remember that, good on yer Jamie. Stupid famous people who think they are entitled to special things... :grump: