Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Piercing+dizzy+throwing up=?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i got my belly button pierced yesterday and when i first tried to clean it, i felt really dizzy, collapsed and threw up.

any ideas on why this was/should i be worried? im not squeamish at all and the pain of cleaning it wasnt really that bad and it doesnt look infected or anythin.

iv felt kinda dizzy n sick ever since.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    could be a bug, and its just coincidental that it affected you whilst cleaning it. Keep cleaning it, drink plenty of fluids and get rest.
    SBG
    When i had mine done i felt really dizzy afterwards, almost fainted and was very nearly sick. But that was about 10mins after. Managed to get out of town and back to my car and was alright then and i went to work. I just put it down to fact id been really nervous, hadnt eaten anything and it hurt an awful lot.
    this happened to my mate when she was first cleaning her nose. you need to be real gentle with it
    RaeRae wrote:
    i got my belly button pierced yesterday and when i first tried to clean it, i felt really dizzy, collapsed and threw up.

any ideas on why this was/should i be worried? im not squeamish at all and the pain of cleaning it wasnt really that bad and it doesnt look infected or anythin.

iv felt kinda dizzy n sick ever since.

I didn't have anything like that when i had mine pierced. Though if i stick my finger in the hole it always makes me feel sick. Strange that.
    yeh its really weird, iv never collapsed or felt dizzy like that before.

had a really bad night last night with huge migraine and feeling really sick, could this be due to the piercing as well? iv only ever had a headache like that once before. i felt ok during th day and i feel ok now, so dont think its a bug or anything.
    Similar thing happened to me with various peircings, as well as to friends. Got ill during the piercing too and the first couple times tried to clean/change it. I don't know why, so I guess this may be a pointless post, but i guess it's not that uncommon.
    When i had mine done i felt really dizzy afterwards, almost fainted and was very nearly sick.

same when i had my tongue done.

the piercer said it's like a mild form of shock - you have just had a trauma to a part of your body, albeit mild and self inflicted. sounds pretty plausible.

she said the best thing to do was have a lie/sit down and a breath of fresh air.

can't hurt.
    i really don't know so don't get worried...this is more for my own knowledge.

what are symptoms of blood poisoning? can you get that through piercing?
    what are symptoms of blood poisoning? can you get that through piercing?[/QUOTE]

ok scary! yeh i remember readin on th tattoo info at th piercing place that septicaemia(blood poisoning) is poss. but surely it would take longer to come about.

i had lymphangitis (stage before blood poisoning) and it didnt feel lik this, it was jus shown by a single hot red mark on my arm. dunno bout th symptoms of actual fullblown blood poisoning tho.

that shock thing def sounds plausible, i was def in shock jus after it was done, kinda out-of-it feeling. but im stil gonna be a bit worried bout blood poisoning now!

it couldnt be lik hepatitis or anythin? :nervous:
    was there alot of blood around your piercing?
    cuz mayb that made u feel dizzy?
    i was fine wen i had mine done just hurt loads afta..
    i feel like i need a piss wen i put ma finger in ma belly button : :chin:
    RaeRae wrote:
    what are symptoms of blood poisoning? can you get that through piercinG
    ok scary! yeh i remember readin on th tattoo info at th piercing place that septicaemia(blood poisoning) is poss. but surely it would take longer to come about.

i had lymphangitis (stage before blood poisoning) and it didnt feel lik this, it was jus shown by a single hot red mark on my arm. dunno bout th symptoms of actual fullblown blood poisoning tho.

that shock thing def sounds plausible, i was def in shock jus after it was done, kinda out-of-it feeling. but im stil gonna be a bit worried bout blood poisoning now!

it couldnt be lik hepatitis or anythin? :nervous:
    no like i said....i wasnt saying that to worry you, just seemed a bit pointless to start a new thread just to find out about B.P.
    im sure it was shock, like kaffrin said..especially as you feel ok now.