Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cant Cope!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
All

I am new to this forum really. Dont wanna seem selfish as I am not the only one. But this is really really getting me down! I am 23 and have a receding hairline. It is noticeable to most. I thought I could hope but I cant. Its really getting me down I am feeling really depressed. Its geting to the stage where I am checking every 10 minutes in the mirror to see if I have lost anymore hair. Bascially its now ruling my life. I just want to know if there is anyone out there of a similar age, if so how do you cope/deal with it? I have just ordered a months supply of Procerin.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear about your hair loss. I would imagine that it is more common than you think, its just not discussed etc. Have you been to your doctors about the issue? Thats all I can really think of. I'm sure that it is less noticable than you think it is, have other commented on it? Maybe you are just being too paranoid?
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your hair loss. I would imagine that it is more common than you think, its just not discussed etc. Have you been to your doctors about the issue? Thats all I can really think of. I'm sure that it is less noticable than you think it is, have other commented on it? Maybe you are just being too paranoid?

yes have thought about a visit to the Doctor, but don't want him to think I am wasting his time. A few people have commented but nothing major. It just gets me down. Especially when baldness doesn't run in the family.

Thanks for your time in replying.
  • Options
    if it is getting you down so much, couldn't you try and buy a tupee (sp?) or a wig or something similar?!
    or better yet, how do you think you would look if you shaved your head? - depending on your looks generally - it could be quite attractive?!

i know you can buy stuff which makes your hair look thicker or promotes regrowth - but i couldn't really advise on that, besides saying that they exist.

other than that, i'm out of ideas.

if it is "controlling your life" and you are feeling "depressed" about it... it might be worth talking to your gp... he might be able to help.

it's also worth remembering that most men at one point or another, will / have experienced the same thing - so don't feel like you're the only one. :)
  • Options
    shave your head.
    Thats what most people who start receding early do I believe.
  • Options
    shaving the head is a good one
  • Options
    Vin Disel shaves his head for that very reason.