Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ebay Fraud

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=324&item=5569756760&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

go on that^ on search item 5569756760 on ebay, and you'll see this guy is selling a "random envelople"

he goes on to say "You are bidding for an unopened envelope that could contain anything. The risk is worth it as it was given to my from a grandparent who said to never open it until i truly needed it. Well know im going to sell it because i dont wish to open it myself."

this guy is an absoulte fraud as u'd think this is a one off item, but he sold exactly the same product a day before and it went for £15!!! where would these envelopes appear from! u'd av to be an idiot to buy them! jjeeez

does this breach ebay rules, is it worth contacting ebay about?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No, it's exactly what he says it is. Only an idiot would bid for it, tbh :p but you know, there's lots of fun things on ebay. How many people have sold their wives on there? Lol, there was one guy who sold all his ex wife's stuff, and he modelled the wedding dress.

Not everyone in the world is 100% serious 100% of the time, I think a bit of comic relief is fine from time to time :) as long as there aren't too many who are too silly to realise it's not serious.
    yer dont take it too serious , alot is for fun , and when people bid , usually the person selling the thing isnt actually thinking hes gonna sell it , as when the bidder who wins say a pair of pants , they just wont pay, and the seller would already know this. some silly things get bought, but alot of the time its for fun.
    yeh but thats just gay though, its not even funny. Only for him as hes making £15 a time. I want 15 quid for doin nothing :-(
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Hes not breaking any rules at all. Perfectly legit auction.
    Ebay is a good concept, a very good concept. Its just that some people use it to sell absolute rubbish..but as long as their is rubbish to sell, their are stupid people to buy it.
    olaola wrote:
    yeh but thats just gay though, its not even funny. Only for him as hes making £15 a time. I want 15 quid for doin nothing :-(

Why are you so wound up about it? :eek2:

Because he didn't think of it first :lol:
    To be honest all you are doing is providing exrtra hits on the auction, which hardly helps
    lol I can't believe people would bid either. A couple of weeks ago I spotted an auction for a mystery parcel, which again could contain anything. That went for about £20 + post. :eek2: But reading the sellers feedback, most of them seemed satisfied. The envelope thing in that link though, a con if you ask me - though there has to be something in the envelope.

im not, just posted this topic for the same reason most people post topics, to make conversation and to see what peoples views are.
    i'm still watchin the relisted haunted stitch doll. Very fun! I mean to watch I'm not about to bid!!
    i saw a mystery box on ebay u had to bid for the box and then to open it bid for the key sepearatly!! o dear..
    emzie wrote:
    i saw a mystery box on ebay u had to bid for the box and then to open it bid for the key sepearatly!! o dear..
    Hi y'all, I'm new to this site!! Have to say some of the auctions on e-bay are shocking...they are currently selling 10 fingernails starting at the bargain price of 1p! Wow. How will we resist? Even more gross is that they regularly auction used false teeth and people actually out-bid eachother to buy them! Yuk! Anyway its all a bit of fun...but I won't be buying none of it!! Nice to chat...
    yeh i'd say the r.r.p is at least $10 :P