Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Lump in armpit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this morning when i woke up I noticed that there was a lump in my right armpit, its quite painfull if i touch it, i would have gone to the doctors this morning but it was the useless doctor on, also im off on hols in a few hours. does anyone ave any ideas what it ould be. i haven't shaved under my arms all week as i had them waxed today, ready to go away, so i dont think that this has caused it!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There was an thread about this a couple of weeks ago - it sounds to me like either an in growing hair thigy - you can get them even if you havn't waxed - or an allergy to a deodorant or something - but obv i'm not a doctor so I dont' really know.....
    If it gets any bigger consult a doc..exactly how big is it atm?
    it is about the size of a small pea, it hasnt changed size at all today! i thought that it could be an allergy to deoderant, as i have very sesitive skin, but it is more in my armpit than like a rash that i normally get!
    I've got a baby lump before, apparently it was just a raised gland - I get them when I catch them through shaving though

Malt xx :)
    there are glands in your armpits, and they can swell and get sore if you're ill or run down. could just be that.

always best to check a dodgy lump out though.
    kaffrin wrote:
    always best to check a dodgy lump out though.
    :yes: Lumps in armpits have been linked to breat problems, so if you're at all concerned you should see someone asap.