Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Since the week before I moved to Manchester (moved on January 29th) I have been chatting on and off to the manager of Hollywood Showbar. The first time I chatted to him was the longest chance I've had to speak to him though! He got me on the guest list for my first weekend in Manchester and since then has got me into Hollywood if I've ever had any problems on the door. Now this is all very sweet of him but he never has any time. He's ALWAYS busy.

I'd never even seen him in the flesh until the weekend before Easter, where he said hello and said he'd go out with me for a drink after Easter. So Easter came and went and despite me sending him messages he appeared to have stopped replying...until today that is. Yesterday I sent him a message over gaydar in a last attempt basically saying I guess he's not interested and nevermind but will say hi if I see him when I'm out. Today he replied and said he is interested but this week at work hasn't gone at all how he expected it to so he's busy. I sent gim a message back saying he still owes me that drink he promised, to which he replied he hadn't forgotten.

I guess I just needed to vent about it, it really annoys me when people can't put aside 30 seconds to reply to a message! Do you think he's worth the effort? I've talked to one of my friends who used to know him and he says that he's a really lovely guy, genuine and doesn't mess people about. I hate waiting though....am I too eager? Would it be best to wait for a few more days before I say hello again?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No your not too eager. Plus, you have a right to be annoyed that he never messaged you. If you like this guy, which I think you do, then give it a try. I say give him a chance..Your friend has told you that he is a lovely guy, so why pass up a chance to get to know a nice person? If he "fails" you again, then maybe its time to move on.
    Tis annoying, but he messaged saying he's still keen...he could of just said "I'm busy" and just outright blanked any other ideas of meeting you or liking you.

As long as you don't message him constantly, then you won't seem over eager and scare him off. Keep at it if you really like him :)

malt xx :)
    if you want a chance of getting with him, you may have to get used to him doing stuff like that. try not to view it as him not liking you, everyone's different when it comes to getting in touch. i know perhaps it's out of order but perhaps you could play it a little cool?
    Possibly but isn't there always a chance he's leading me on? I haven't stopped looking for a boyfriend or anything but still it's frustrating!
    He may actually BE busy,. You say his the manager of that place so that must take up a lot of his time. Hang in there a little long,er leave the ball in his court and see what happens in the next couple of weeks.