Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

should i be more outgoing to this person?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i picked up signals from this girl a while ago... but i had to b 100% sure that she was interested.. bcuz she did not want to date this guy.. who even myself as a guy thot he was really dateable.. and she is not desparate at all.. and shes really attractive.. so i thot it was too good to b true.. so i stall from approaching her..

so recently i just messeged her on AIM... and she was really happy the nxt day at school.. she was all telling her friends..... but when i talk to her online.. she doesnt seem like she wants to talk to me... so yeah im confused.. so i be more outgoing with her at school.. the only thing holding me back is that she might be uncomfortable and i will make a fool outta myself..

andd i appreciate all responses.. :] .. u guys are like ppl i can talk to where i can spill my heart out without worries... <3

Comments

• Options
    j0ey0ey wrote:
    i picked up signals from this girl a while ago... but i had to b 100% sure that she was interested.. bcuz she did not want to date this guy.. who even myself as a guy thot he was really dateable.. and she is not desparate at all.. and shes really attractive.. so i thot it was too good to b true.. so i stall from approaching her..

so recently i just messeged her on AIM... and she was really happy the nxt day at school.. she was all telling her friends..... but when i talk to her online.. she doesnt seem like she wants to talk to me... so yeah im confused.. so i be more outgoing with her at school.. the only thing holding me back is that she might be uncomfortable and i will make a fool outta myself..

andd i appreciate all responses.. :] .. u guys are like ppl i can talk to where i can spill my heart out without worries... <3

Maybe when you talk to her online she has a hard time understanding the incoherent text garbage you use? I don't want to read it either.
  • Options
    is this the same girl as in all your other posts?

being this or that or purple with spots on won't acheive anything.ONLY being yourself.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    ginner wrote:
    Maybe when you talk to her online she has a hard time understanding the incoherent text garbage you use? I don't want to read it either.

Word! Thats a real put off for me if someone talks incoherently as shit, it makes it impossible to take them seriously. If you want her, you have to talk her language.

I suggest taking a course in English.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Word! Thats a real put off for me if someone talks incoherently as shit, it makes it impossible to take them seriously. If you want her, you have to talk her language.

I suggest taking a course in English.

How do we know this girl is in fact English? :chin:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    How do we know this girl is in fact English? :chin:

Ok.. A course in a Language that isn't dimwit. :p
  • Options
    ok u think she likes u but she doesnt sound like it online ~ then say something to her online ~ just ask her r u into me at all ~ im just wonderin cause i kinda get the feeling that u are ~ and to be honest im into u ~~ see how that works for u ~ girls like it when a guy is straight up with them ~ they dont like the mind games of what u r gonna do next ~ it kills us ~ so just be see how she feels ~ just dont ask around her friends or any time shes around them.
  • Options
    ok u think she likes u but she doesnt sound like it online ~ then say something to her online ~ just ask her r u into me at all ~ im just wonderin cause i kinda get the feeling that u are ~ and to be honest im into u ~~ see how that works for u ~ girls like it when a guy is straight up with them ~ they dont like the mind games of what u r gonna do next ~ it kills us ~ so just be see how she feels ~ just dont ask around her friends or any time shes around them.

Why would you use ~ instead of a full stop? We have a convention on this within the English language.

When I start teaching I won't expect to be given work in text speak with 'inventive' punctuation. Such work shall automatically gain a mark of zero. How naive am I on this one?
  • Options
    There is no point changing who you are for some girl. If she likes you, she likes you...simple as. Its difficult to convey emotion etc. via internet conversations. Its obviously far better if you interact in real life. This way you can actually look at the person, notice body language etc. plus you can respond to what they say in a proper manner. Talk to her more in real life, see if she gives you any "signals". Maybe she does like, but its hard to tell via the internet? If you have the guts, tell her...
  • Options
    People that reflect upon ones punucation are insecure about giving a constructive answer in my opinion. As tjis is completely irrelevent ,anoying, rude and they are just changing the subject as they feel they have to be centre of attention even when they have nothing to say on the subject.

Abreviated writing does not give any dis credit to what the person is saying so why bother analysing it all the time!

I for one have nothing else to say on this as i have never suffered this experience because i just say whats on my mind and think about the consequences later.

Sorry to be a interuption to your thread joey, but i hope it goes ok for your.

and i thanj you, im here all week
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    People that reflect upon ones punucation are insecure about giving a constructive answer in my opinion. As tjis is completely irrelevent ,anoying, rude and they are just changing the subject as they feel they have to be centre of attention even when they have nothing to say on the subject.

Abreviated writing does not give any dis credit to what the person is saying so why bother analysing it all the time!

I for one have nothing else to say on this as i have never suffered this experience because i just say whats on my mind and think about the consequences later.

Sorry to be a interuption to your thread joey, but i hope it goes ok for your.

and i thanj you, im here all week

Language is relevant to every thread on an internet messageboard. It's the medium by which we communicate.
  • Options
    Thing is Olaola, there are curtesy rules outlined which ask you to speak using no text talk, too many abbreviations and basically, it's plain irritating when people don't realise not all of us use text talk and understand it. There's nothing that makes a person incapable on here, who is English and is/has been taught English, not to use it to the best of their abilities. Agreed it's off subject and on brief message is all that is needed to highlight.

On subject : as others have said - don't change yourself to go after a girl. Messaging is a different medium to interpret as things like smilies, leaving xxx's at the end of a message can be read wrong. A person who doesn't seem as interested on the net mayb be leaving the computer, working on something else, not used to using a keyboad and typing slow replies...loads of things. Speak to her face to face about it if you're unsure as to whether she properly likes you, as it's the only way you'll truely find out. She seems chuffed she has your attention though by the looks of it

Malt xxx :)
  • Options
    erm i sometimes ignore friends on msn because i am busy, or simply left the computer on

though i can see the point of people getting annoyed with your text talk