Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Got some odd lumps on my penis.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
First started worrying about them during Sex ed, where we were told lumps on your genitals was a sign of syphilis.

They are small painless white bumps. There is no pain when urinating or discharge, just wanted to put my fears to rest.

Also there is a strange discoulered line leading from the tip to the base, a kinda purple. Again completely painless.

Thanks so much, please dont take the piss.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is not the coloured line a vein?

As for the white bumps as I understand it they're not uncommon.
    Too big to be a vein.

What you mean uncommon? Like many people get them and they are no big deal? Or I should get them checked out?

There are quite a few and they are very small.

I have not had sex protected or not, only Oral.
    That many people get them and they're not big deal. I think that thesite has some articles on them, and there have been some other threads about it.

I'm sure the boys will be along to help shortly as well.
    are they like pin prick size really only a tiny but bigger?

Yeah exactly like that.

Thank you for the quick and incredibly helpful response. I was quite embarrased about posting here at first but reading some posts and seeing these ones takes away that anxiety.

Thanks alot.
    If these little white lumps are on the rim of the head (the corona) then it sounds like Fordyce glands, little sebaceous glands that produce lubrication for the tender skin of the penis to stop it from drying, etc. Do not attempt to squeeze them as they are totaly normal.

The stange colour you see is a vein which is nothing to worry about, it may seem more colourfull when you have an erection.

If you ever get any lumps form or any pain round that area, make sure you see the doctor.
    by the way they have possibily one of the funniest names ever -

'pearly penile papules'

normal or not

http://www.emedicine.com/derm/topic313.htm

Do a google image search on the name and that should reassure you that it's the same thing
    Perfectly normal. Nothing to worry about. I can show you a pic of mine if you want - then again I don't want to get banned :eek: :nervous:
    Panthro wrote:
    Perfectly normal. Nothing to worry about. I can show you a pic of mine if you want - then again I don't want to get banned :eek: :nervous:

Lol, way to scare someone.

Kind offer though..
    They sound normal to me. I have them as well.
    hi I'me new but i have a similar problem (apart from what's so far been described). i'm in the same boat as the guy at the top of th page but the lumps i have are about 2-3x the size of the ones under the head and run down the back of the shaft surrounding the vein, theyre flesh coloured with a white bit in the centre that has become large enough to squeeze out (seemed like really small spots) about twice so far. I know how stupid it sounds but I'm not sure how long it's been like this. Can anyone tell me what this is, is it normal or some sort of infection or what??
    Seriously, take a look at the first link in my post and then the first link in that for pictures of what is perfectly normal, you may find it very helpful in deciding what is normal.
    Don't sqeeze them - you are only spreading the bacteria -i.e. making more of them...

I will say again - NORMAL but if you are really worried and we havent all put your mind at rest make an appointement with the docs or go to a GUM [Gentio-urinary Medicine] clinic and they will I am sure tell you they are normal.

Have you had any unprotected sex?
    that first pic really confused me! :eek: couldnt work out which way i was looking at it
    Your name is correct then? Nice but Dim..........
    No I havent had unprotecded sex, one of the key reasons I havent visited a GUM clinic or docter yet
    No I havent had unprotecded sex, one of the key reasons I havent visited a GUM clinic or docter yet

Then why do you think it is an infection?
    I don't know what it is so thats why I asked, also not all infenctions are spread through sexual contact are they?