Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Male Contraceptives, anyone?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is anyone has any experience with male contraceptives?
Please share with us, I think there are loads of men interesting in this matter. Is this way to show women we care about them or this is an silly idea?
You say....

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Male contraceptives as in what? Examples?
    :eek2:

Without that lil dude above meaning to offend, male contraceptives i.e. condoms are a regular discussion point round here. Most people use them...so their lady of choice does not get pregnant, or either couple do not contract a STI. It's a case of showing respect for yourself and your partner, with obviously some exceptions where maybe the lady is on the pill or using a form of contraception herself, ie female condom. But with the pill, there is no protection against STI's. I don't think you'll find anyone who considers condoms a silly idea... :rolleyes:

Malt xxx
    I honestly think they meant the male pill.

Without that lil dude above meaning to offend, male contraceptives i.e. condoms are a regular discussion point round here. Most people use them...so their lady of choice does not get pregnant, or either couple do not contract a STI. It's a case of showing respect for yourself and your partner, with obviously some exceptions where maybe the lady is on the pill or using a form of contraception herself, ie female condom. But with the pill, there is no protection against STI's. I don't think you'll find anyone who considers condoms a silly idea... :rolleyes:

Malt xxx

Well I thought condoms were too obvious a contraception to bother mentioning...though he meant another form....I'm not that stupid!
    Well I thought condoms were too obvious a contraception to bother mentioning...though he meant another form....I'm not that stupid!

Lol, when I opened the page to type in my reply there were no others at the time, so that none of that was aimed at you dear :)

There's a male pill?

And as it said male contraceptives, I thought maybe that threw in condoms as well...though apologies if I haven't properly cottoned onto what he meant!

Malt xxx :)
    Lol, when I opened the page to type in my reply there were no others at the time, so that none of that was aimed at you dear :)

There's a male pill?

And as it said male contraceptives, I thought maybe that threw in condoms as well...though apologies if I haven't properly cottoned onto what he meant!

Malt xxx :)

You probably have. Pretty vague question though...

Malt xxx
    It's not about the condoms.
    Me & my wife are both unhappy with them and we want to try something different. The thing is, she thought taking pills regulary for years may cause side effects.This is a bit unfair only the women to take this sort of "Chemical Assault" so we decided to share this responsability over the unwanted pregnancy.
    I just wondered is there anything designed for men and what is it?
    You probably have. Pretty vague question though...

yeah
    and I'm sorry 'bout that! :nervous:
    When I think "contraceptives" I don't mention condoms only. This term include all of them, doesn't it?
    Day40 wrote:
    yeah
    and I sorry 'bout that! :nervous:
    When I think "contraceptives" I don't mention condoms only. This term include all of them, doesn't it?

Yeah it does. I don't know of any others for men though, unless you have the snip but that negates being able to ever have kids I think.
    there is a male pill in development...and also a male contraceptive injection but they are both awhile away yet...my nurse at the doctors said at least another three years away :impissed:

hope she is wrong though.
    there is a male pill in development...and also a male contraceptive injection but they are both awhile away yet...my nurse at the doctors said at least another three years away :impissed:

Castration is a good contraceptive tbh :O

Check this out!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3167090.stm

Personally, I think this is unacceptable at the moment! :banghead:
    I can't wait for that to come out! Sounds good to me!
    erm sounds a little too good to be true to me though