Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Flip flops and sandals

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
yep, its coming up to that time of year...flip flop weather!
i love them, but does anybody else? i like showing off my feet in the summer, and think they can look great with painted toenails, etc.
Opinions?
SBG
p.s: look at these!! scented flipflops and only £9 a pair!

http://image.redoute.com/images/REDOUTEUK/AH01/G/IK190B11G.JPG

Comments

• Options
    I hate flip flops, they fall off my feet, they look awful and the toe dividers hurt my toes! :mad:
  • Options
    see, alot of people say they fall off and hurt, btu they dont with me. think its cos my feet are only a size 4?
  • Options
    see, alot of people say they fall off and hurt, btu they dont with me. think its cos my feet are only a size 4?

So are mine!
  • Options
    Not a big fan of flip flops since my mum wears them year round for wandering round the house in.

I do like footbed mules though, every summer I get them in numerous different shades and patterns because they look nice with everything and can be worn casual or smart.
  • Options
    I can't seem to find any flat ones that I like. Mainly cos they always seem to fall off my feet unless they've got a heal which then holds them on better when I'm walking. Just they don't look very good with shorts...must find some flat ones soon.
  • Options
    I love sandles, but its really hard to find ones that meet my requirements! I need them to have a strap at the back so they don't fall off. They can't have toe dividers cause they stick in my toe, they need to be flat cause heels hurt my back and they need to be sexy and cheap!
  • Options
    I tend to wear flip-flops quite a bit in the summer although I think they look alot of them look a bit beachy. I had some lovely rafia type ones with gems along the toe bits last year but they fell to bits in the end.

For people who find flip-flops uncomfortable, try the Haviana ones (don't think I've got the spelling quite right). They're made of a really comfy rubber which is impossible to hurt your toes and soo easy to walk in. I wore one pair the whole way round the world for 5 months and they're still in good condition and comfy as ever. Think they came over to England last year cos I remember seeing them in heat or something as the new celebrity flip-flop! Not that thats a good thing..

I quite like those birkenstock type ones Bumblebee posted but they seem to be everywhere at the moment. I did try on a pair last year but the width of my feet is really small so they were just too wide for me. Faith has some quite nice summery flat shoes at the moment, I got a pair of silver butterfly ones and a pair of white comfy ones the other day, which are kind of wrecked already actually..
  • Options
    Flip flops, horrid.

These are much more comfortable. But probably mean I'm hideously unfashionable. Ah well, so be it.
  • Options
    scented flip flops?! why on earth!?

i like flip flops, but only if they're comfy!
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    Not a big fan of flip flops since my mum wears them year round for wandering round the house in.

I do like footbed mules though, every summer I get them in numerous different shades and patterns because they look nice with everything and can be worn casual or smart.

Tres cute :heart:
    I bought some white ones the other day..
  • Options
    i got these last year from asda for £2. yes, £2. i wore them all summer, and they look like they've got at least one more summer in them.

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=4745

loads comfier that rubbery flip flops (blisters in between toes? no thanks) and leather sandals (bye bye feet).

i can't wait til it gets warm enough to dig them back out.
  • Options
    I love summer just for wearinf flip flops. got a pair I got in New Look 3 years ago fro £10 and think they will last me just another summer, they r black plaited ones. I've found that if you put vaseline inbetween your toes then they dont rub as much!
  • Options
    flip flops hurt me. My best sandals are my chunky DM sandals. theyve lasted me about 3 years so far and still plenty of years left in them.