Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hood piercing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

I am seriously considering getting my hood pierced. Im not sure exactly how they do it, I mean do I have to shaved before I go there or do they wax it for me?
Is it expensive?
Painful?
Does anyone recommend it?

Sorry I wana get it done but wanted to ask a few things before I go ahead with it.
Also do you have to take any precautions with it?

Im one of these people who can never be bothered to go into a shop and ask I just wana go and get it done…

Thanks guys xxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Search the net, google is bound to bring up loads of pages with FAQ's about this.
    Good luck..x
    No need to shave, but they wont wax you either. It might be a good idea to look slightly tidy! It's not in the hairy area, so it doesn't effect the piercing.
    I shouldn't expect that you'll pay any less than £50. If somebody says less than this then it might be worth checking their credibility.
    Well, yes, it's going to be painful if somebody is going to be shoving metal through the hood of your clit! That said, it isn't that bad, and if you want it done, then the pain is worth it.
    I'd only recommend it if you want it done.
    Yeah i do want it done. im just a bit worried about the after pain walking etc.... i must remember to get a good session in b4 hand ;p

I have my ears, tongue and belly button pierced. but i dont remember getting my tongue pierced... well i mean the pain of it all, i dont remember feeling any pain.. i was only 15-16 at the time... this is gona hurt way more lol
    My friend is a piercer and has this piercing done. It doesn't hurt as much as the navel piercing as the skin is alot more thinner. The healing process is really quick 2 weeks sometimes. Your supposed to refrain from sex for a few weeks, but I know people that waited just a few days lol. Try looking here for others stories on having the piercing done http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/10-female/hood/index.html
    Its really not as bad as it sounds.
    Get a numbing patch from the chemist and u will literally not feel a single thing. I didnt believe my piercer when she said it was all done as i hadnt felt ANYTHING.
    I would recommend a barbell rather than a ring as its less likely to get caught on things and causes less friction.
    I didnt feel it walking out to be honest. I was in no pain and was able to have sex the same night.
    If u keep it clean and use a numbing patch its pretty much a 100% pain free experience.
    I'd imagine it'd sting a bit, like a sharp Ouch! sort of pain. But it should, like most piercings, be over in a second, then it'll probably just be a little soreness and tenderness for a few days until the swelling has started to subside. The memory of that one second should dissapear soon enough - especially once you've experienced the pleasures of the piercing. :naughty:
    The best thing is to read about peoples actual experiences on BMEzine. Someone has already posted the link.

The thing with piercings is that you never quite know how you're going to react to them. One person says it was the most painful thing they ever experienced, and the next will say they felt no pain whatsoever. So prepare for the worst, and it'll probably be a pleasant surprise when it's a lot less.
    For example, it sounds like your tongue piercing was quite painful, yet I felt virtually nothing at all. Go figure. :)
    my friend couldnt be bothered to register but this is what she said on msn
    this girl has 14 piercings too including in between her nose ouch!!!

"Not gonna lie to you - it is painful... but all piercings are painful! Your piercer might offer you some sort of anesthetics, I personally didn't have mine numbed and managed it fine. It's quick to pierce. No need to shave but might be nice to tidy it up... also make sure you have a good wash, not saying your dirty or anything but its polite. Afterwards you may walk like a cowboy for a bit but it'll soon wear off. Mine healed within a week, its a very quick healing piercing due to the type of skin. "
    HTH

.matt