Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Skewed Logic of Victims of Crime Trust

Convicted paedophile claims he's innocent. Victims of Crime morons tell him to "shut up for the sake of the victims".

Say what?

If the man is innocent, then he has every right to protest his innocence, and should not consider anyone else other than himself. Of course, I rather feel that King is the dangerous man that he was convicted of being, but that's not really the point.

Since when did some raving right-wing lunatic get the right to claim he "represents" victims of crime?

Story.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    If the man is innocent

Given that he has already been convicted...
  • Options
    look ayt the guy ...with a face like that and ...the clothes he wears!!!!!!!!!!!
    he should realy be unemployable and living under a btridge but no ...talent ...a much missunderstood concept and an easily abused one.
    the guy is a no hoper who had a lot of lucky breaks ...
  • Options
    Whilst I'm not a lawyer I suspect there are better ways of prooving your innocence that telling everyone you had a wonderful time in jail and giving out free copies of your new CD...

As the name implies the Victims of Crime Trust also tend to worry more about the victims than convicted criminals. funny, that.... :chin:
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    Whilst I'm not a lawyer I suspect there are better ways of prooving your innocence that telling everyone you had a wonderful time in jail and giving out free copies of your new CD...

.... :chin:
    he realy does seem to have enjoyed being in jail don't he!
    maybe he is talented ...the record ...book ...musical ...is coming into your life soon ...
    what don't we know we know yet?
  • Options
    Given that he has already been convicted...

doesn't mean he doesn't have freedom of speech though.
  • Options
    doesn't mean he doesn't have freedom of speech though.

Wasn't suggesting that.

Just pointing out that whilst he doth protest, a jury of his peers has already found him guilty.

Now unless he has some evidence which wasn't presented at the trial, it's probably best that he keep quiet. Although, knowing his reputation that ain't gonna happen.

As I should presume his guilt, all I can say is that his only achievement from such public statements is to cause further distress to his victim who not only had to suffer his abuse but now, having been under the impression that they had got justice, listen to him brag about what a wonderful time he's had and how he never abused them in the first place.
  • Options
    having been under the impression that they had got justice, listen to him brag about what a wonderful time he's had and how he never abused them in the first place.

it's like listening to a child claim that he like being grounded in a see through attempt at appearing unshaken.
  • Options
    There's an element of that, I'm sure. Bravado.

Still not something you want the victims to hear though.
  • Options
    just got to hope that they have thicker skins than that coward i suppose.