Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pulling back foreskin?

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sorry not quite sure what you mean? But why do you need to pull it back..It just sort of happns naturally...doesnt it..:s.
    How do you do it?
    Take your fingers and pull it back, but don't yank.

What does it do?

The foreskin does a lot more than just sit there: It

Protects penis glands/nerves and makes them moist
    Makes sex/masturbation feel better
    Protects against painful intercourse
    Used for pheromone storage and then releases them on arousal
    Stores and releases natural lubricants
    Stimulates partner's genitalia
    Protects head of your penis against injury

You'll have to do a search around the net, I cannot remeber everything it does.

Do you have too?

Depends why you want to do it, you should do it daily when you wash to stop it from selling bad and to stop nasty things happening as a result from bad hygiene.
    Depends why you want to do it, you should do it daily when you wash to stop it from selling bad and to stop nasty things happening as a result from bad hygiene.

Dear God yes. It's important to do it otherwise you can get infections and have problems, you should clean daily. A smelly cheesy knob proper fucking mings :yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:
    Dear God yes. It's important to do it otherwise you can get infections and have problems, you should clean daily. A smelly cheesy knob proper fucking mings :yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:

First thing they tought us in training, Corporal even gave us a demonstration :naughty: :eek2:

The foreskin does a lot more than just sit there:

Makes sex/masturbation feel better

I thought having no foreskin made it better?

Mind you, what would I know. :confused:
    I thought having no foreskin made it better?

Mind you, what would I know. :confused:

that's what i thought as well!
    What's your bellend got to use for friction if you wank?? Just your hand ain;t gonna be that great.
    Tommy_C wrote:
    First thing they tought us in training, Corporal even gave us a demonstration :naughty: :eek2:

It's a navy thing I guess...
    The foreskin is meant to retract by itself when a man gets an erection. As for how it's done in the manual sense, it's not easy to describe, but essentially using your fingers, you simply pull back gently. This should be completely painless. If it is, you should be okay.

Unfortunately, a tight foreskin can sometimes mean that you can't retract it. In this case, it may be necessary to have a circumcision. It can be done to remove just part of it, (where the foreskin is excessively long) or in total. Personally, I'm going into hospital soon to have a total circumcision.

As for what the foreskin does, though the list by Felix The Housecat is accurate, it's not absolutely necessary to have it, hence why circumcision is possible.
    Don't panic if it's too tight to fully retract at first - it doesn't necessarily mean you'll have to go under the knife - just keep slowly tryin'. Mine never got pulled all the way back until, uhh, quite late in life, whereupon it was frighteningly tight. Mercifully though, plenty of subsequent use slackened it up completely. It's also possible to get special cream to help it slacken up, I heard, although I didn't need that either. And yeah, knob cheese is no good. :yuck:
    3rdEye wrote:
    Don't panic if it's too tight to fully retract at first - it doesn't necessarily mean you'll have to go under the knife - just keep slowly tryin'. Mine never got pulled all the way back until, uhh, quite late in life, whereupon it was frighteningly tight. Mercifully though, plenty of subsequent use slackened it up completely. It's also possible to get special cream to help it slacken up, I heard, although I didn't need that either.
    True. I'm not saying going under the knife is necessary in all cases, it's simply one option, usually seen as the last resort.
    As far as I know, it does need to be pulled back for sexual purposes. For example, if a woman wants to give you oral sex, she'll need to be able to. I don't know if sex is possible without pulling back the foreskin. Putting on the condom would probably hurt, may be very uncomfortable. It's why I haven't tried it. Can I just ask why you're so... not sure what word to use here... anxious about pulling back the foreskin?
    Lukeff7 wrote:
    lol well casue im totally not sure if mine would do it :S when we mean pull back we mean pull backwards over the head of penis right?
    Yes. The skin should retract, so that the whole head of your penis is visible. It it won't go back straight away, be gentle with it.
    Lukeff7 wrote:
    oh right ive tried once and it didnt go back and i was like :S ok screw that...
    I really didnt know this lol ill go careful next time...
    Just be gentle with yourself. (no pun intended) Oh, and if you need to practice, do it at bathtime if you can.
    o_O
    Lukeff7 wrote:
    :( im gettin seriously worried now... i think my penis is completely abnormal lol. I HATE IT
    No need to worry. Next time you have a bath, try it out. It's also a fine chance to clean under the skin, as it can get very messy if you don't. Don't ask... :yuck: Anyway, if you can't pull back your foreskin soon, see your GP. Embarrassing? I thought it would be, but it was surprisingly easy to tell him...
    stargalaxy wrote:
    No need to worry. Next time you have a bath, try it out. It's also a fine chance to clean under the skin, as it can get very messy if you don't. Don't ask... :yuck: Anyway, if you can't pull back your foreskin soon, see your GP. Embarrassing? I thought it would be, but it was surprisingly easy to tell him...

o_O? im 15...
    but i am worried lol I just pray to god it does come back...
    Lukeff7 wrote:
    o_O? im 15... but i am worried lol I just pray to god it does come back...
    15? Ah, that changes things a little. I'm 20 myself. For you, it should develop anytime between now and around 18. Maybe your foreskin has grown again, maybe your penis is still growing? I'm just guessing here...
    stargalaxy wrote:
    15? Ah, that changes things a little. I'm 20 myself. For you, it should develop anytime between now and around 18. Maybe your foreskin has grown again, maybe your penis is still growing? I'm just guessing here...

hurray not feeling as worried now lol.
    :) ok well ill try next chance i get. Kinda shocked casue I never knew it had to be done. okize well thank you loads for your help! :blush:
    Lukeff7 wrote:
    hurray not feeling as worried now lol.
    :) ok well ill try next chance i get. Kinda shocked casue I never knew it had to be done. okize well thank you loads for your help! :blush:
    Embarrassed? No need to be! A problem shared is a problem halved. You'll be okay. :)
    heh :)
    Thank you
    If you don't find retracting your foreskin in the bath is easy, try using a bit of lube when gently retracting your foreskin - so it slides easier. You need to do this repeatedly over a few months so that the skin stretches enough to allow your foresking to retract easily and naturally.

Your sex life will improve if you can get this issue solved. Your long foreskin is is stopping you appreciating the sensations of your bell-end.
    Lukeff7 wrote:
    o_O? im 15...
    but i am worried lol I just pray to god it does come back...

I used to have a tight foreskin. The doctor said I either had to stretch it till I could pull it back or get circumsised. But I didn't want that to happen so over the space of about a week I kept pulling it back at night, a little at first until after a week it could come back all the way.
    *Stargalaxy puts on moderator-style tone of voice*
    Here's an article on TheSite.org that might be useful for you:
    Click here >>> (also including this for anyone who sees this thread in the future)
    *Stargalaxy reverts back to standard tone of voice*
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    What's your bellend got to use for friction if you wank?? Just your hand ain;t gonna be that great.

Precum tbh