Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why do people go to hospital?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Found this story.

Some of the reasons given are intriguing... :eek:

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Or klintock.

I like the 'unspecified forces of nature'
  • Options
    Unless they're flying straight from Tenerife into Britain and the nearest hospital, how on earth can A&E departments in this country admit people with injuries sustained by "volcanic eruptions"? :confused:
  • Options
    Do hospitals in various British dependencies still come under NHS?

If it were so then that might make sense e.g. in Monserrat?
  • Options
    The article says some of the incidents happened abroad, but required treatment at home.
  • Options
    il like how politicians think people want to choose what hospital they get treated in, normally most people just want to gre treated safely and quickly

im havcing a heart attack can i be treated in that top quality hospital up in the outer hebrides please
  • Options
    il like how politicians think people want to choose what hospital they get treated in, normally most people just want to gre treated safely and quickly

im havcing a heart attack can i be treated in that top quality hospital up in the outer hebrides please

"Choice" is more elective treatment not emergency. Relax, you're aren't going to be getting in an ambulance only to be asked which hospital you want to be taken to.

It will be really useful for students who may want treatment at "home" rather than at the hospital nearest their Uni (for example)...
  • Options
    It will be really useful for students who may want treatment at "home" rather than at the hospital nearest their Uni (for example)...
    Surely they should be registered with a GP in their university city or town and therefore automatically be referred to their nearest hospital. :p
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    Surely they should be registered with a GP in their university city or town and therefore automatically be referred to their nearest hospital. :p

Sorry think you misunderstood, or I wasn't clear.

Choice means that the student can be treated in their home town even though they may be registered with a GP hundreds of miles away at the Uni.

Currently the GP must get permission before he can refer like this.