Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hitch

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I would recommend this very funny film to anybody. Although at points it does contradict itself - Will Smith contradicting himself with an eloquent love speech just after he 'realises' that its not how you say it or even what you say, if two people are made for each other than thats that. But thats nitpicking. Good humour pulled off by Will Smith, he's amazing the way he slides in down to earth humour that appeals to everyone. The rest of the acting was pretty thin but it's a one man show really.

A good old romantic comedy that's hilarious!

Definately recommended.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Saw it tonight and must say I was quite impressed. A good, fun RomCom that made me laugh from start to finish.

Go see people.
  • Options
    I would recommend this very funny film to anybody. Although at points it does contradict itself - Will Smith contradicting himself with an eloquent love speech just after he 'realises' that its not how you say it or even what you say, if two people are made for each other than thats that. But thats nitpicking. Good humour pulled off by Will Smith, he's amazing the way he slides in down to earth humour that appeals to everyone. The rest of the acting was pretty thin but it's a one man show really.

A good old romantic comedy that's hilarious!

Definately recommended.

Will Smith is a great actor in my book ive admired him for as long as i can remember. Anthing with him in it is watchable .. I shall have to peel myself off to see Hitch
  • Options
    i've seen this film advertised...not my cup of tea but this could be an exception...might go see it...
  • Options
    I thought it was OK. It made me laugh and stuff. But I've seen better. Just wasn't THAT good.
  • Options
    Wasn't amazingly impressed...maybe I need to be more romanticely (sp!?) minded but it was loaded with cliches and predictable lines that made me go :rolleyes: i.e. willsmith's speech describing love as jumping out a plane without a parachute, and the guy goes to exit and Will goes "Where ya goin'?" and he replies defiantly..."Skydiving" BUT otherwise, the humour was nice, it was sorta, sweet, snuggly and tender. My bf probably tainted the whole thing though, would probably have seen it for more of it's positives if he wasn't restless through the whole thing going "Omg when will it end...so...predictable I hate it..." seeing as that type of movie is usually my cup of tea!

Malt xxx :D Chick flickish I'd say :thumb:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I liked the film. Good, worth seeing, IMO.
  • Options
    I thought this movie was great! Will Smith is the perfect man in my books. lol He's funny, cute, down to earth, a family man, and you can just tell that he has his head in the right place.
  • Options
    Shimmer* wrote:
    I thought this movie was great! Will Smith is the perfect man in my books. lol He's funny, cute, down to earth, a family man, and you can just tell that he has his head in the right place.

Me and Will are basically twins you know :p