Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Does this sound real?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Adam wrote me this poem thing...

I love you more today, but less than tomorrow. As each day passes my love for you has surely grown, each time I look at you, my heart skips a beat, my stomach feels funny, I love that feeling, the feeling of love, you are my one true soul mate, the only one that i love, I shall spend the rest of my life with you, give you kids to take over the world with, annoy you day in day out. Make you happy when you are sad.
Give you the happiest moments of your life so far we have.

1: On top of the bridge fireworks all around us, I turn to look you in the eyes, and I ask for your hand in marraige.

Love you today, love you tomorrow love you for all eternity

Lots of love Adam xxx

He wrote this himself... First time he has ever written one!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He should work for Hallmark, my opinion of him is unchanged.
    He is going through counselling, we are having space... I still see his mum as she gives me support and he is going for anger management... he knows what he does is wrong so he is trying his best right now. He says he will do anything and spend as much time as I need away from me because all he wants is me and for us to be happy.
    Hopefully, he will prove me right... :chin:
    Its not words I want its actions... physical proof of his love... Like I said to an ex... If you really love me, prove it, he said 'how' and I said if you really love me you will know!
    But then I found out he had hit my son, he tried and tried to get me back, still tries but never... I would rather be dead...
    So Adam is in the same situation, I will not be fucked with any more, I do not need it, I have enough and right now I want to be alone! So he has a while :D
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    He's still a cunt.
    don't let a fool kiss you.
    don't let a kiss fool you.
    don't let a fool kiss you.
    don't let a kiss fool you.

So basically...... Don't let it fool me!!
    But when he proposed, it was one of the most amazing moments of my life!!
    Melodie, seriously hon, you have to put yourself but above all else, your future baby first now. Writing a poem is all very nice, but back in the real world, you need to get it together for the sake of you and your baby. You can't sit around hoping that you'll be proved right - you need to get on with things regardless. Please get the support you need to deal with this all x
    And I will be doing that! I have a huge reason to stop moping...
    I'm sure I've seen that on a site before.
    It can't be... it was honestly written!!
    The engagment bit, happened new yrs eve!! It was soo sweet!
    I'm sure I've seen that on a site before.

The first sentence is definitely part of another poem. Not sure about the rest...
    have to agree with the others on the whole Adam thing.counselling, sort yourself out, then when you are 100% sorted ,if you still want him (and i think by then you will have realised you are worth more) then couple counselling together.

ONLY when you are sorted yourself though - which means no SH,no AntiDs,no letting anyone hit you,and no more trust issues.when you love yourself and are completely confident in your ability to to be your own person and not need a man in your life, but happy to have one as a bonus.
    hi melodie.
    the poem is sweet..
    im not quite sure about whats adam like but from what ive read he seems like hes been violent towards you?
    that is horrible, and inhumane. if hes hurt you once its just going to carry on in my opinion. but if u trust this guy then thats up to you?
    sorry to seem like im interfearing just tellin you that its not good to stick wid a violent guy.. n im sorry if iv upset u.
    the first line can be seen in any old argos catologue.. it's written on lots of cheesy necklaces and teddy bear orniments.

Yes, but there not cheesy, I bought one that splits in two that reads "I love you more today than yesterday but less than tomorrow" We wear our halves and it makes us feel close when we are apart!!
    think you are missing the point hun.
    he obviously doesn't love you a great deal if he hits you. bottom line.

you are so seriously not ready for marriage and children it's not even funny.
    kaffrin wrote:
    he obviously doesn't love you a great deal if he hits you. bottom line.

you are so seriously not ready for marriage and children it's not even funny.

Harsh but true :yes:
    That I know is not funny..... no way will I get married yet but hey... I know I can handle being a mother though. All I have is the truth, but with help, I can get through it ..... I can do anything if I just beleive in myself!!
    if u really believed in yourself you'd give yourself a chance to heal
    Being a mum is all I want and all I have to live for....
    you can do that without stooping to mud slinging and going back to adam.
    i KNOW BUT THE LYING IS DRIVING ME MAD. IT HURTS LIKE HELL AND SHE HAS TO MAKE UP STUFF TO MAKE HIM SOUND DIFFERENT... I HAVE KNOWN HIM 5 YEARS. I WILL NOT BE LIED TO. I HAVE A TEMPER, SHE KNOWS THIS VERY WELL.
    take your temper to meet hers then and you can sort it out without involving everyone else.

seriously...STOP NOW.
    How can I do that when shes constantly lying and driving me mad!! I won't post anything further on here but to you and the ones who have helped me I am sorry. To all who hate me, I don't care, you don't know me, I don't know you... I have had a really shitty time lately. I have to meet my sons adoptive parents, I am hurting and I am fed up of lies... some of the things she had lied about, i've witnessed.... I've had enough.