Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

lump thing on my new boyfriend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi. I have just started seeing a new bloke. I noticed he has a very large lump on his chest, under the surface of the skin. It's not a spot. I don't want to ask him about it but just wondered if anyone had any idea what it might be (ie a possible infectious disease, or a harmless lump)?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ask him! I am sure he won't mind! How long it has been there? Has it grown in size? Is it painful?

I would say that any suspicious lump at all should be looked at by a health professional.
    Whereabouts on his chest is it? A few years ago, when I lost a lot of kiddy fat, I noticed a little raised ridge on my chest, just at the top of my ribcage. Turns out it's a little bit of raised cartilage that not everyone has but is by no means a problem. So it could be that, but I guess you should get him to have it checked out.
    It's aboce the nipples, halfway between the neck, and the nipples if that makes sense! He said he used to be quite fat..but it's kind of red.

I guess I will ask him, it's juat a bit awkward when I haven't known him that long!
    You have seen his chest!!

I think you will be alright to ask him!
    its possibly just a spot or boil of some kind. :yum: just ask him tho! could be anything!
    Could be a mole...
    Could be a cyst.