Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Question: Mixing E with Coke...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How dangerous is it?

I've been able to find plenty of information about either drug, and about the side effects to mixing either with alcohol, however I've been unable to find anything relating to mixing E with regular powder Coke.

Thanks,
~D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    DanJ wrote:
    How dangerous is it?

I've been able to find plenty of information about either drug, and about the side effects to mixing either with alcohol, however I've been unable to find anything relating to mixing E with regular powder Coke.

Thanks,
    ~D

Pretty dangerous...and i think the cocaine prevents E from working.
    Spliffie wrote:
    Pretty dangerous...and i think the cocaine prevents E from working.

heh, I'm actually pretty concerned now, I took E for the first time over the weekend by choice, however nobody actually told me a first time user should stay @ around half a pill to a single whole pill, I ended up taking 4 over the course of 4 hours, then found myself doing the almighty few lines.

I felt amazing for about a half an hour but then I began to feel really bad and ended up taking another pill..

In total I had a brilliant night, the only downside was the pain I had smack bang in the centre of my head that lasted about 10 minutes before I took the final 5th pill and felt fine again.

It's been 2 days though and I'm ok, I really should have thought twice about being so irresponsible to go straight for the coke I was offered after I had taken that much Ex, especially considering I'd also had alcohol 10 hours or so before, it was extremely pure though and I jumped at the opportunity, being out my face n' all :confused:

Still open to peoples opinions,

I've heard numerous acedocal reports to suggest that the cocaine sobers you up, which isnt all that great, given if you wanted to be sober you wouldnt have done either of them.

However what it doesnt do is stop either drug working so you may feel sober but you are definately not.

The biggest problem with cocaine is its action on the heart and blood vescles, it increases blood pressure and heart rate, thickens the blood and tightens the vescles, so you have thicker blood going through smaller vescles faster. Not always a good idea. Add another stimulant to that and its action is increased.

As for having alcohol ten hours before, that probably wouldnt have been an issue, it would have been digested by then unless you were completely plastered.
    bongbudda wrote:
    I've heard numerous acedocal reports to suggest that the cocaine sobers you up, which isnt all that great, given if you wanted to be sober you wouldnt have done either of them.

However what it doesnt do is stop either drug working so you may feel sober but you are definately not.

The biggest problem with cocaine is its action on the heart and blood vescles, it increases blood pressure and heart rate, thickens the blood and tightens the vescles, so you have thicker blood going through smaller vescles faster. Not always a good idea. Add another stimulant to that and its action is increased.

As for having alcohol ten hours before, that probably wouldnt have been an issue, it would have been digested by then unless you were completely plastered.

I believe it was more like 6 hours, I had a half bottle of straight vodka, however as soon aswe got to the venue I was immediately drinking water because I felt pretty rough from the booze.

Saying that, I had so much money left at the end of the night because I had budgeted on drinking a lot, but damn was water so much cheaper :yes:
    You are putting quite a bit of sustained pressure on your body then, first it has to deal with the drinking then the pills and cocaine.

If you are going to take pills again I'd advise you dont take cocaine with them and try not to take so many.
    I took coke in Ibiza one night before going clubbing. Then banged some yokes into me when I got into the club. Never had a worse night clubbing. Felt like shite and got none of the associated buzz of either drug. Never mixed the two since.
    no a few people i know have said this...its not surprising really...
    i used to be like you ...in my garbage head days.
    just chuck any old thing in ...
    did you ever get MDMA rolly?
    did you ever get MDMA rolly?
    i did indeed.
    before anyone had heard of it.
    then ...we heard of xtc ...american you see.
    it appeared around 1980 in powder form ...in beeeg bags and started replacing speed to a degree in some areas.
    the mainlining speed freaks ...of which i was one ...started shooting this stuff up and ...wow ...cummin in your pants man!
    YOU MAINLINED MDMA?!?!

how was it?...:yum:
    YOU MAINLINED MDMA?!?!

how was it?...:yum:
    liquid orgasm ...literaly chemical hands free sex ...and then a very lanquid but excitable and sexual amphetamine evening ...but with all your loved upness.
    i'm 6' 2" ...ended up wi=eghing around nine stone ...only the size of my boots held me up.
    liquid orgasm ...literaly chemical hands free sex ...and then a very lanquid but excitable and sexual amphetamine evening ...but with all your loved upness.
    i'm 6' 2" ...ended up wi=eghing around nine stone ...only the size of my boots held me up.

Sounds like heaven :)
    Hardcore Heaven :D

lets all jack up MDMA!
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    :yeees: Let's not.
    LadyJade wrote:
    :yeees: Let's not.
    i did put in a little warning for them all there ...like you will end up looking like a skeleton ...but no body listens ...
    Erowid have this to say about taking MDMA and coke -
    Cocaine overdosage probability is dramatically increased. Strongly discouraged. Cocaine is addictive.
    lets not

yeah lets...you know you want to :flirt:
    Hardcore Heaven :D

lets all jack up MDMA!

Hardcore weekender? :thumb:
    yeah lets...you know you want to :flirt:
    Not even you could persuade me to do something so outrageously stupid my dear... :no:
    ahh just think of it as a Pythonesque personification, or comedic drug taking; Stupid but loadsa fun :D

EDIT: for non regulars i am actually joking, please dont jack up MDMA....put it in a bananna skin and stick it up your ass, gives you a better buzz :D
    ahh just think of it as a Pythonesque personification, or comedic drug taking; Stupid but loadsa fun :D

EDIT: for non regulars i am actually joking, please dont jack up MDMA....put it in a bananna skin and stick it up your ass, gives you a better buzz :D

You'd never catch me 'jacking up' on anything :yuck:
    coke and mdma are totally different in how they react in the brain. mdma acts on serotonin much like amphetamines act on dopamine. mdma is like an SSRI (Prozac) but much stronger. "i think the cocaine prevents E from working." This should not happen. The coke will only increase your "rush" feeling (wanting to dance/speed). Now thats not to say that when you come off the coke that it wont effect the E. You see its not that the E is gone or doesnt work anymore. The problem is your body is dealing with the withdrawl of the coke. I would just stay away from coke while on E so you dont have to go up and down from the coke. The E will give you energy because the dopamine will naturally want to catch up (be at the same level) with serotonin. IF you must do some speed then you could always go with a long lasting amphetamine. (Extended Releases)
    ...never catch me jacking up anything...

see post about 'joking' :yeees:
    see post about 'joking' :yeees:

Think I took you seriously? :thumb: ;);)
    jayblaze2 wrote:
    mdma acts on serotonin much like amphetamines act on dopamine. mdma is like an SSRI (Prozac) but much stronger.

The first part of that is roughly right, but an SSRI and MDMA work in quite different ways. SSRI's block the uptake of seritonin where as MDMA stimulates its release, though oddly both together doesnt work.
    and its worth pointing out that SSRI's do not have the abuse potential of MDMA because the do not share its immediate and acute effects. Taking SSRI's will not make you 'extra happy' or ward off the depressive effects of a comedown.
    I havent heard any decent reason as to why SSRI's and MDMA dont work together, on the face of it it should make the MDMA stronger.
    no what i am saying is that SSRI's taken in large quantities will not get you 'high'.

They do not inhibit each other to the best of my knowledge but SSRI's in the dosage they are often prescribed do not by there action match the sudden and acute effects of MDMA. There may be an effect on the reuptake but it will not be proportional to the massive increase in production caused by MDMA.
    I know, SSRI's have too slow an action for it to make any impact to increase the dosage short term.

But, if you are taking SSRI's regularly and then take MDMA it doesnt work, and I'm not really sure why.