Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Would like to meet some ppl near me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys, as you've probably noticed I'm new around here. I did a search for 'make new friends' on google, and it gave me thesite.org, so here i am! Novel idea finding pals online, huh? :lol:
I've been reading through the posts and you seem like a sound lot.
So, heres my story. When I went to uni almost about 2 1/2 years ago i lost touch with my mates around here. When i tried to talk to people again these last few months, they seem to have moved on and aren't that interested in knowing me. Some mates eh? Well I never had a great friendship group in high school anyway. Anyway, I'm in uni for another year and a half then i graduate. Right now I'm home for a few weeks for easter break then its back to manchester for some more hardcore grafting, and then back here in the summer. I'd like to meet some friendly people, blokes or gals is fine. Maybe we have some common interests? I like hard dance music (sankeys soap manchester anyone? :)), scifi, surfing the web, clubbing, boozing, footy (red for life) and all that good stuff. I'm also gonna be qualified with a chemistry masters degree when i graduate, so scientific mind here.
Oh and one tiny detail i almost forgot - I live in the North Liverpool area, near aintree, and I'm 21.

Cheers! :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    just to remind you that thisisnt a dating site

plushave alook in the other threads about the meets we have organised

i think theres one in manchester soon
  • Options
    oh its ok I've tried dating sites before but those aren't for making friends either. Still, it can't hurt to ask if theres anyone near me on here who'd want to chat, can it?
    What are these meets you have then?
  • Options
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    bad seed wrote:
    They have people in Liverpool? :o
    They aren't all petty criminals.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:

Pffft.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:

honestly, it's true.

But I wouldnt recommend you bring you're car all the same :D
  • Options
    Welcome to the site. If you're here to make friends, that'll be just fine! :)
  • Options
    well, I'm here because I like posting on message boards, and lets face it, you can never have too many friends :) So if achieve the goal in the title of this thread, it'd be a big plus!
  • Options
    well, I'm here because I like posting on message boards, and lets face it, you can never have too many friends :) So if achieve the goal in the title of this thread, it'd be a big plus!
    Best way to set about this is to keep posting, just follow the rules and you'll be okay. Take it from someone who was flamed without mercy when he first arrived.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    No but there's a Scouse terrorist called 'Bin Laid Off'
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Best way to set about this is to keep posting, just follow the rules and you'll be okay. Take it from someone who was flamed without mercy when he first arrived.

Yeah I know what you mean. I've been posting on forums for a few years myself so I'm pretty familiar with them. The one I've been at since 2001 is very scifi orientated but since ive gone off scifi a bit (anyone see the new dr who series last night?) its good to find a more general board.