Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pills and the pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does it still work wen ppl take e?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It worked fine when I was on it and taking ecstacy, but then again I never did ask a doctor.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    To the best of my knowledge, there is no interaction between contraceptive pills and ecstacy.

Somone asked a similar question on Erowid and received the following answer -
    To the best of our knowledge no commonly used recreational drugs decrease the efficacy of birth control pills. We have seen no journal articles published which suggest such an interaction, nor have we heard such reports from individuals. Women using various birth control pills regularly take MDMA, mushrooms, LSD, etc without any problems.
    As is the case under any circumstances, vomiting (or severe diarrhea?) shortly after taking oral contraceptives could remove the pill from the system faster than it can be absorbed. This should be noted because some people experience these effects after taking various psychoactives.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    On a slightly related matter MDA is known to lead to downstairs infections in women, though not MDMA, which no one really understands.

Just another good reason to test your pills, especially if you are of the female bent.