Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Supermarkets jobs

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i don't think that with working 9+ hours that you can have any less than 45 mins.

Oh, and I know it's the law and everything but I disagree with this. I can happily work at 10/11 hour shift with just a half hour break, which is what I do.

I shouldn't be forced to take unpaid breaks just because it's against the law, there should be an option.
    Just a question for the original poster-why are you so insistent on working for free?
    z0ma wrote:
    Oh, and I know it's the law and everything but I disagree with this. I can happily work at 10/11 hour shift with just a half hour break, which is what I do.

I shouldn't be forced to take unpaid breaks just because it's against the law, there should be an option.

i agree with this, it should be upto us as an employee to decide how much of our break entitlement we want to take. but understandably, our employers have to look after their staff - and allowing them to work long hours without a break isn't perhaps the best way to go about this. a while ago, where i worked you could sign a form of some sort which allowed you to take less than your entitled break.
    well its not free i am talking about a apprenticship in retail where i would rather do it in a supermarket then in a charity shop