Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fit caused by weed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

Last night I experience something very scary, had just finished smoking a spliff , about 5 minutes later I started to feel really dizzy and like I was gonna be sick, at this point my friend asked if I was alright cos I had gone completely white, even my lips had turned white and the next thing I knew I was on the floor having a fit but I was fully conscious and could hear and see my friends shouting stuff at me I just had no control over my body. I went to the hospital to get checked out and they could find nothing medically wrong with me and said it must of been the weed that had caused the fit.

Has anyone else has an experience like this? I know it wasn't a whitey cos I've been there, done that. This has honestly got me quite scared and I doubt I'll be smoking weed again, its just very odd that I reacted in this way cos I had already smoked about 5 spliffs from the draw I had and felt fine after that, plus I smoke everyday so I'm used to blazing now. Would be good to hear from anyone that might have an explanation for what/why it might of happened.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    never heard of such a thing.
    was it north african resin by any chance?
    cos there is usualy a hotchpotch of poisons in the stuff ...boot polish diesel and god knows what.
    and to add ...it certainly doesn't sound like an epileptic fit cos you wouldn't have been aware of anything.
    never heard of such a thing.
    was it north african resin by any chance?
    cos there is usualy a hotchpotch of poisons in the stuff ...boot polish diesel and god knows what.

Nah it was skunk, and from a reliable source as well.
    Nah it was skunk, and from a reliable source as well.
    i,ve never had a fit on skunk!....if your going to have a fit,you will have a fit!
    make an apointment with your GP as quickly as possible and explain the symptoms, in the meantime avoid exherting yourself and stay away from weed. Never heard of it being a catalyst for this but to be honest in some conditions effecting the brain anything can be a catalyst, from drugs and alcohol to simply increasing your walking pace...

It is very important you speak to your GP and tell them everything, take care :)
    could be what we call a speed whitey...did your vision just collapse around you...you just had to collapse and did you start sweating with heat then shivering with the cold in short bursts...happened to me once...not sure though...check up just to be sure...
    certain forms of anxious panic can have sudden severe symptoms such as this. Marijuana has been know to aggravate anxious conditions so i shouldnt rule it out.

Check in with your GP just to be safe ;)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Sounds like what happened to me on shrooms once. I flaked out in the street and my mate said I was convulsing for about 10 sec then I just jumped straight back on my feet.
    I have very little memory of it TBH. I remember feeling sick as fuck and then waking up in the road.

Only bad drugs experience I've ever had.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    Sounds like what happened to me on shrooms once. I flaked out in the street and my mate said I was convulsing for about 10 sec then I just jumped straight back on my feet.
    I have very little memory of it TBH. I remember feeling sick as fuck and then waking up in the road.

Only bad drugs experience I've ever had.

shame shit happened to me on LSA last year, saw my friend bleeding quite bad which set it off, i was aware i was convulsing and trying to say something to my mates but couldn't talk, bizarre.........thats one memory i choose not to recall.
    I flaked out in the street

in da shirley ghetto! :D
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    in da shirley ghetto! :D

Yes it was.
    Weekender Offender 
    sure it wasnt one the infamous Just Rolls drive bys :D