Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

money..dunno what to do

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
i know almost every student is in the same situation as me but i really dont know what to do.i have about £10 left for the next 2 weeks.it would be no problem if i had nothing to pay out, but i need at least £48 for things. i cant borrow off my folks, my friends all have no money either. asked uni, they cant help, asked my bank for en extended overdraft, they couldnt do it! no luck with jobs, even if i did i wouldnt get paid until the end of the month. the only thing i can think of is going into cash converters or somewhere and getting a cash advance on a cheque. i know they charge a rediculous amount of money but its the only thing i can think of! has anyone got any other ideas??? i hate money, it is stressing me so much!! :no:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What do you need £48 for?

You could sell something.
    basically i need money to get to the airport to go home £20, and i have to get something which is £28 and its very important!yeah i could sell something but other than ebay, dunno how, no students have money to buy anything.
    Cash converters buy things off you, so do Blockbuster videos (old videos, DVD's and games). Could the £28 thing wait a while?

How are you getting to the airport? You could try sneaking on train/coach without paying if you're really desperate.
    Do some quick cash in hand jobs like gardening etc
    film_buff wrote:
    Do some quick cash in hand jobs like gardening etc

quick....cash...hand....jobs.....!?
    See if you can get a lone from your uni or SU - many universities offer a small hardship loan of £50-100 for things like food and travel.
    Pawn something.