Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

crazy family

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my mum........well, she's rather exsentric and can be a bit embarressing. my best mate is used to her and most of my mates seem to love her because she's like a big kid....thing is she's too much like a big kid sometimes and she doesn't get when to stop. yes, she takes her responsabilities seriously but it's usualy me having to look after her when she's ill, and i have to look after myself when i get ill.

anyway, my real problem is the fact she can be so embarresing....she's started calling my saffy (after saffy in ab fab, because she acts like eddy)infront of my my best mate, and doing really stupid impressions of karen from will and grace.....how can i get her to tone it down somewhat, i have talked to her and she just said it's mother privilege. :(

what can i do?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My mum used to call my sister saffy too!!!

I have no idea how you can get her to tone it down, just wanted to let you know you are not alone - my mum dances around the supermarket and says very embarrassing things very loudly. :rolleyes:

My friends think shes great but I end up leaving the room when shes there... just so I can't hear the stupid stuff she says to make them laugh. :impissed:
    To be fair, you probably drove her over the edge. Or she's just getting you back for what a little fuck you were in your childhood, I dunno? :chin:

If she refuses to stop, don't stay around her when with your mates? It'll become less of a problem as you get older anyway.
    She sounds like a laugh, your friends like her and youre not responsible for her behaviour so theres no reason to feel embarrassed. Just go along with the jokes. It IS mother privelege
    Your mum is your mum.
    Why be embaressed?

You'll be like her when you're older anyways :lol:
    just be thankful she's not boring!

we used to call my sister saffy-doodle, i wouldn't worry.
    my mum........well, she's rather exsentric and can be a bit embarressing. my best mate is used to her and most of my mates seem to love her because she's like a big kid....thing is she's too much like a big kid sometimes and she doesn't get when to stop. yes, she takes her responsabilities seriously but it's usualy me having to look after her when she's ill, and i have to look after myself when i get ill.

anyway, my real problem is the fact she can be so embarresing....she's started calling my saffy (after saffy in ab fab, because she acts like eddy)infront of my my best mate, and doing really stupid impressions of karen from will and grace.....how can i get her to tone it down somewhat, i have talked to her and she just said it's mother privilege. :(

what can i do?

i think every mum in the world is embarrassing to there kids! all parents are fuked in the head! lol can you blame them! both my parents are a little bit embarrassing! just laugh at them! dads are worst!
    I feel your pain, honey. My mother is also embarrassing. I refuse to go out with her sometimes :|

It won't be too bad once you get older...my 23 year old sister has, in fact, turned into my mother already. Take comfort in that...er...maybe :p
    i do think that age really makes a difference to how embarasing you find your parents (sorry i dont know how old you are) but most peole find that when they move away from home or get to the stage where there really not that arsed there parents appear to become a lot less embarasing
    i know how you fell. well sorta. My mom is pilling presure on me, telling everyone that will walk past her that I am going to be a teacher, and after i came home from the library she started shouting at me, digging up the fact that i was dogging it from school 2 months ago. Im not alowed to see my freinds during the week, can only call them after 7 (and only ONE of them), my brother gets my phone but I'm expected to pay for the bill.

She doesn't call me names like your mom does but count yourself lucky.

It could be worse.
    Parents are meant to be embarrasing. I'd rather have crazy parents than my boring ones to be honest :|
    z0ma wrote:
    To be fair, you probably drove her over the edge. Or she's just getting you back for what a little fuck you were in your childhood, I dunno? :chin:

If she refuses to stop, don't stay around her when with your mates? It'll become less of a problem as you get older anyway.

That was just fucking rude. There was no need for that. twisted_trinity was just trying to get some help with her situation, and you go and say something stupid like that. You don't know how hurtful embarassment can be sometimes, and for all you know twisted_trinity's Mother could have been horrible since twisted_trinity was a little kid (as some parents are, hence the teenage rebellions).

If you haven't got anything nice to say, then SHUT THE FUCK UP.
    PJ_ wrote:
    That was just fucking rude. There was no need for that. twisted_trinity was just trying to get some help with her situation, and you go and say something stupid like that. You don't know how hurtful embarassment can be sometimes, and for all you know twisted_trinity's Mother could have been horrible since twisted_trinity was a little kid (as some parents are, hence the teenage rebellions).

Calm calm honey, you'll always get irrelevant comments - to be honest, I expect Twisted just ignored it. My mama likes to embarrass me, as does my dad...I just laught at them to be honest, my bf laughs along too. Some parents are a little more exccentric...my ex's mother was and I thought she was amazing - he was embarrassed by her but it's not a reflection of you...so either walk out the room as I do when I can't be bothered with it or like, laugh at them...when they're set on playing the fool, it's hard to shake...usually anyway...gaffatape her to a chair when friends visit and seal her mouth...!

Malt xx :D
    PJ_ wrote:

its called S a r c a s m,
    did you not pick up on that no? bit too complex i guess
    you remind me of one of them kids who was well geeky in their childhood "how hurtful embarassment can be" :eek2: ...*sob* awww my heart bleeds 4u, beats bein beaten to a pulp everyday by ur parents tho hey,
    so get a sense of humour and why dont u take ur own advice and shut the fuck up. :]
    Auriolé wrote: »
    its called S a r c a s m,
    did you not pick up on that no? bit too complex i guess
    you remind me of one of them kids who was well geeky in their childhood "how hurtful embarassment can be" :eek2: ...*sob* awww my heart bleeds 4u, beats bein beaten to a pulp everyday by ur parents tho hey,
    so get a sense of humour and why dont u take ur own advice and shut the fuck up. :]

For your info I said what I said for the benefit of the other poster. It's extremely difficult to embarass me.

Oh and if you're going to insult me, do it properly, instead of a pathetic attempt, whilst simultaneously laughing at everyone who has abusive parents. Sick.
    WOAH old thread :eek2:
    WOAH old thread :eek2:

ahahaha! this honestly made me laugh, a lot, do you reckon PJ came back 3 years later just to reply to that insult? haha! god im easily amused.
This discussion has been closed.