Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Condisioning treatments

I'm planing on bleaching my hair in a few weeks time so want to stock up on condisioners.

I want the best condisioning treatments going. I have half a tub or the frizz ease deep condisioner and about 3 squirts of 3 min miricle left. What others should I invest in.

I'm panicing a bit because I think that as soon as my hair gets bleached its going to end up like straw.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    check out bed head products, they work very well. (usually only sold in salons - but not too pricey and they work very well)
  • Options
    i use a brilliant brunette deep conditioning thing which is good. i shouldn't imagine it matters if you hair isn't brown.
  • Options
    i use a brilliant brunette deep conditioning thing which is good. i shouldn't imagine it matters if you hair isn't brown.

The Brilliant Brunette range have a blonde range too dont they?

I second the Bed Head recommendation. Expensive... but good.

On the cheaper side, I found the Charles Worthington Results conditioners to be really really good.
  • Options
    Pure coconut oil - they sell it in a tub at Superdrug for 99p, and I sometimes leave it on overnight in a warm towel and then shampoo and condition as normal afterwards.
  • Options
    Kerastase all the way. It smells gorge and really nourishes. Most big salons offer conditioning treatments using one of the many ranges - from naturally dry, to dry due to sun damaged to coloured...and for thick or thin hair. It can be bought in salons or here
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    umberto gianni (i have no idea how to spell it and cant be bothered to look!!! theyre excellant though.

I use umberto gianni, the white one -Urgent Repair Intensive Moisture Mask I think it's called. It really is lovely for dyed hair.
  • Options
    i use the aussie stuff, only started a week or so ago but its soooo good for my hair!
    it was all dry and frizzy before but its so nice and smooth now :)
  • Options
    i use the aussie stuff, only started a week or so ago but its soooo good for my hair!
    it was all dry and frizzy before but its so nice and smooth now :)
    Yeah my sis swears by Aussie stuff - she has dry, fin slightly frizzy (but naturally curly) and highlighted hair.
  • Options
    Lush do some fantastic deep conditioners my favorite is retread, they also do pre wash conditioners that you can use before your shampoo and conditioner. I have used The strokes pre wash conditioner even though its for curly hair and its fab.

www.lush.co.uk
  • Options
    The Garnier Fructis deep conditioning treatment... can't remember what it's called but it's been advertised a lot recently, it's for dry/damaged hair, you're supposed to leave it on for a minute (I usually leave it on longer). It's VERY good. I was using that in combination with L'Oreal shampoo and conditioner - the orangey-yellow shampoo and the yellow conditioner, one is for dry/damaged hair and the other is for frizzy hair, can't remember which is which but my hairdresser recommended them - well, I was using them after my hair was bleached a lot and the 3 definitely enhanced the condition greatly.
  • Options
    Well I'm trying the coconut oil atm. I've put a whole load in and its gonna stay there till morning.
  • Options
    Lush do a good pre-shampoo hair moisturiser called Huan Suan something
    the aussie 3 minute miracle that you said you have is really good, but they're brought out a new one which is frizz control 3 min miracle...its fantastic, really moisturising.
    someone mentioned kerastase - that stuff is expensive, but brilliant.
    finally, coconut oil is brilliant, but if you can bear it try olive oil and wrap your hair up in cling film or a towel to allow the heat to help. :)
  • Options
    has anyone tried those new "tresemme" products?are they any good?

nope i would avoid them at all costs, some people have found them alright, but since ive used them ive had a flaky scalp (which i never had before) and i personnaly blame tresemme, i think its because its so hard to wash out

anyhoo zella, have you tried leaving ordinary conditioner (sp?) on, wrapping a warm towel around your head and washing it out 15/20 minutes later? my friend swears by it and she has baby soft hair

i used john frieda blonde shampoos and conditioners, the conditioner is absolutely brilliant and leaves it so smooth, they do red and brown ranges for whatever colour you are at the mo

hope it helps xx

eta: the john friedas are expensive but are really worth it especially after you've had your hair done, its 3 for 2 at boots as well so id also reccomend the volumising blow dry spray gives the hair a nice shine
  • Options
    well atm I'm using frizz ease intence mosturising conditioner and dove colour conditioner + shampoos. Seems to have turned my hair from a big mass of straw to silky smooth in a week. I going to keep going mad with my conditioners tho, dont want to end up with minging hair. When i finish this lot i'm gonna splash out and get the bed head stuff, I did go in to get it but the smallest bottle was £15 so I was a bit taken back. I 've never spent more than £10 on my hair before lol!
  • Options
    These are the best products ever:
    Sheer blonde(after youve bleached it)
    Aussie 3 min miracle as normal conditioner
    Andrew collinge intensive conditioner after youve bleached it and after youve used your normal aussie conditioner.
    Charles worthington hair healer leave in conditioner after the other 2 conditioners(or you could you a cheaper leave in conditioner)
    Charles worthington silkening serum(or any other serum)
    Charles worthington shine shine shine gloss spray

Always use a leave in conditioner after youve bleached it.
  • Options
    I use the aussie leave in conditioner atm till i run out. I've used CW before and didnt think it was very good for its price. So I got myself some dove colour protector shampoo and conditioner from the pound shop and my hair is now super yummy. Still getting split ends tho, even though i had it cut on wednesday, either she missed aload or when she sraightened my hair she didnt use a heat protector thingy.

While I'm here does anyone know any good split end repare stuff, ive seen it about but dont want to waste my money on something that wont work. I'm already using CW heat protector spray, but if anyone knows any better ones I'm more than happy to try somthing new.