Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Legal Shrooms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, yesterday was St. Paddy's day. Me and my mates are students in Edinburgh and were looking to do something special, but lacked the cash for a proper rip. So we scraped together what we had and bought 3 bags of mushrooms (not sure of exact type, but will find out) from one of those bong shop places, that had just opened recently across the road. We had been drinking a bit and at about 9.30pm we all ate our share.

I wasn't expecting much but they totally caught me off guard. I have never been as tripped out of it in my life. I have done many different drugs but none as potent as these. I had absolutely no sense of reality or time. My mind was gone and I experienced all the usual trippy colourfests you would associate with hallucinogens. This lasted for many hours and by the end I was just wanting to sleep and stop it all.

Now, it was a great experience, but not one I would like to repeat for some time. But what really intrigues me is that these were bought totally legit over the counter. Now I'd had alcohol and smoked some pollen throughout the night, so the effects may have been exaggerated, but surely these should not be legal. I've done all the legal high shit before, and have found nothing of worthy mention, but these were nothing but mind blowing. I still can't believe how mooned I was. St. Paddy would be proud ;)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my mate got these philipino sp? shrooms and he said they were a lot more potent and trippy than the hawainn or mexican one's you usually get here so maybe it could have been them...
    Yea, I'll look into it. It was beyond trippy though, I had no sense of reality or time. It was the most fucked up experience of my life. And it all came from 'over the counter' goods, can't quite get my head round it.
    addicted7 wrote:
    Yea, I'll look into it. It was beyond trippy though, I had no sense of reality or time. It was the most fucked up experience of my life. And it all came from 'over the counter' goods, can't quite get my head round it.

well the 'over the counter' goods are only legal when they are being kept fresh, so the moment you dry them, or prepare them in any way (i.e mushroom tea) then they instantly become class A.

i imagine they are only legal here because they grow wild, and i can imagine its pretty hard to make something which grows wild illegal.

hope this has helped.
    Yea I get your point. I just munched them down without any preparation because we were told that boiling them (i.e. to make tea or soup) would take away from the effect. So as no preparation was involved, what I was doing must surely be totally legal.
    addicted7 wrote:
    Yea I get your point. I just munched them down without any preparation because we were told that boiling them (i.e. to make tea or soup) would take away from the effect. So as no preparation was involved, what I was doing must surely be totally legal.

it is :)

with what you said:my strongest mushroom experiences have been from the tea, as aposed to eating them wet. ive never eaten them dry though, i wonder if the experience would be any different.
    So because you can have a strong hallucinogenic experience on them they should be illegal? Why?

Frankly this is an educational issue, you should have been told about dose and effect at point of sale.
    bongbudda wrote:
    So because you can have a strong hallucinogenic experience on them they should be illegal? Why?

Frankly this is an educational issue, you should have been told about dose and effect at point of sale.

Well if you take that line shouldn't LSD and MDMA and other drugs with strong hallucinogenic effects be legalised. I think it's a matter of drug law consistency. It's like making Budwiser illegal but keeping Tennants on the shelf. It doesn't really make sense. Many hallucinogens are class A but drugs like these don't even make the illegal list. Total inconsistency in the laws IMO.

And yes, we were told about dosage and told of the hallucinogenic effects. The guy even asked us where we were taking them to make sure we wouldnt be endangering ourselves.
    addicted7 wrote:
    Well if you take that line shouldn't LSD and MDMA and other drugs with strong hallucinogenic effects be legalised. I think it's a matter of drug law consistency. It's like making Budwiser illegal but keeping Tennants on the shelf. It doesn't really make sense. Many hallucinogens are class A but drugs like these don't even make the illegal list. Total inconsistency in the laws IMO.

it does seem silly but mushrooms grow naturally...you can't just walk outside and pick E's off trees so it's better to buy them safely than go out and pick some posonous stuff of the ground...thats another point...you don't know what you're getting in other class A drugs...they're notoriously impure and because they're already established as being class A it'd be very hard to just suddenly legalise them (which i don't agree with btw)...the effects you got do seem weird...i never really trip on shrooms...just my perception of things is distorted and colours might be intensified but thats it really....
    turlough wrote:
    it does seem silly but mushrooms grow naturally...you can't just walk outside and pick E's off trees so it's better to buy them safely than go out and pick some posonous stuff of the ground...thats another point...you don't know what you're getting in other class A drugs...they're notoriously impure and because they're already established as being class A it'd be very hard to just suddenly legalise them (which i don't agree with btw)

Yes, but you can get into the argument that if class A hallucinogens were legalised they could be manufactured efficiently and safely under strict guidelines, therefore getting rid of the nortorious impurities associated with these organically manufactured drugs. Cannabis grows naturally as well, but it's not legal, and it's effects don't compare on any scale. I'm just pointing out glaring inconsistencies.
    ...the effects you got do seem weird...i never really trip on shrooms...just my perception of things is distorted and colours might be intensified but thats it really....

To say my perceptions were distorted would be an understatement. No sense of reality or time whatsoever. Alot more detached than I've ever been, even at the height of my class A consumption. It may as I have said, been due to alcohol and ceaseless joint smoking though.
    addicted7 wrote:
    Yes, but you can get into the argument that if class A hallucinogens were legalised they could be manufactured efficiently and safely under strict guidelines, therefore getting rid of the nortorious impurities associated with these organically manufactured drugs. Cannabis grows naturally as well, but it's not legal, and it's effects don't compare on any scale. I'm just pointing out glaring inconsistencies.

To say my perceptions were distorted would be an understatement. No sense of reality or time whatsoever. Alot more detached than I've ever been, even at the height of my class A consumption. It may as I have said, been due to alcohol and ceaseless joint smoking though.

true, thats why i said i don't agree with it...there's so many inconsistencies in the law it's unreal but there's nothin we can do about it which annoys me but i've just come to accept it now...it'd just be better i think to say "all drugs are legal" or "all drugs are illegal"...what message are we giving out by saying "this is alright...this isn't...this might give you strong hallucinogenic effects but is perfectly legal as long as you don't prepare them etc etc" :shocking:

here's a task...try sending a txt on shrooms or reading one for that matter...the letters just fluxuate in size...quite funny...
    I know, great legal shrooms. I've had mexican and thai ones before.

Mushrooms grow naturally, they should stay legal.
    turlough wrote:
    here's a task...try sending a txt on shrooms or reading one for that matter...the letters just fluxuate in size...quite funny...

haha, sounds interesting.

The worst is watching the news. I'm not sure what news, may be ITV or Channel 4. It's the one with the uber-modern studio with moving images in the background as the news reader talks. On shrooms it is fucking mad. I had to turn it off after 20 seconds because it was totally fragging my head. All these war related news images popping out at me and changing shape.

or here's the best one...try and play pro evo! :shocking:
    I remember trying to count up a couple of pound coins, 50ps and 20ps when i was in a shop buying something on shrooms, it really took alot of concentration, total headfuck.
    Shogun wrote:
    I remember trying to count up a couple of pound coins, 50ps and 20ps when i was in a shop buying something on shrooms, it really took alot of concentration, total headfuck.

did shrooms for the first time last night, they are fucked up... visually ipmresive.. how wierd are they though? it would be better if the peak could be a bit longer
    how wierd are they though? it would be better if the peak could be a bit longer

I have totally the opposite view. The peak lasted far too long for me (maybe 5-6 hours) and it fucked me over so much that after a couple of hours I really just wanted to return to a relatively normal base level. It's not nice having a totally fragged head and being able to do absolutely fuck all about it.
    did shrooms for the first time last night, they are fucked up... visually ipmresive.. how wierd are they though? it would be better if the peak could be a bit longer

How many did you eat?did you split the 100g with 3 friends? The peak will last longer if you dose right before the peak...much more intense too.

It's not nice having a totally fragged head and being able to do absolutely fuck all about it.

:yes:
    Shogun wrote:
    How many did you eat?did you split the 100g with 3 friends? The peak will last longer if you dose right before the peak...much more intense too.

:yes:

wish i had known that before, its stupid they are being made illegal.. why are they class a? they are very unaddictive and i cant see any problems with them
    addicted7 wrote:
    I have totally the opposite view. The peak lasted far too long for me (maybe 5-6 hours) and it fucked me over so much that after a couple of hours I really just wanted to return to a relatively normal base level. It's not nice having a totally fragged head and being able to do absolutely fuck all about it.

i've been trying to get off pills lately so i've been doing quite a bit of shrooms, usually the effects are quite mild but i ate one bag of mexicans on saturday there and the trip lasted for fucking ages and on a bad trip your mind just keeps thinking negative thoughts and it really is "when the fuck is this going to stop" i had new visuals mixed with flashbakcs from previous trips, everything was fucked up...still sorta feel disjointed from reality aswell which is fucked up also...
    addicted7 wrote:

And yes, we were told about dosage and told of the hallucinogenic effects. The guy even asked us where we were taking them to make sure we wouldnt be endangering ourselves.

Thats a completely different issue though, if you want to debate drug law reform I'm more than happy too, but they are legal for a few reasons, namely they naturally occur on peoples land, thus making them illegal brings farmers into troublesome situations.

As for the education you received, how much did they say you should take?
    turlough wrote:
    i had new visuals mixed with flashbakcs from previous trips, everything was fucked up...still sorta feel disjointed from reality aswell which is fucked up also...

That just reminded me that when I was on them I kept getting flashbacks to the past as well, not past trips, just the past. Vivid memories that I didn't know still existed within my brain neurons. Very surreal.

bongbudda wrote:
    As for the education you received, how much did they say you should take?

They came in bags of about 5 decent sized mushrooms. He recommended 3 bags to share between the 4 of us. We would've got more at the time but we didn't have the mula. I think my debt was a blessing in disguise.
    The most i've eaten has been around 16 or 17 grams, next time i'm going to eat 30g, is there a big difference between different dose levels like with some drugs?
    Dosing of hallucinogens is a somewhat exponential thing, in that a small increase will increase the intensity of the experience a lot.

Taking double your usual dose of mushies wont give you double the experience, if you are used to taking about 17g then I'd say going over 25g isnt all that wise.
    addicted7 wrote:
    They came in bags of about 5 decent sized mushrooms. He recommended 3 bags to share between the 4 of us. We would've got more at the time but we didn't have the mula. I think my debt was a blessing in disguise.

They may well have just been strong mushrooms, they are after all not a standardised product, each one is different.