Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Students/graduates, what are you doing this summer?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's nearly summer (ish), so what are you going to be doing with your long break?

I can't make my mind up. I finish uni this year but don't really want to go straight into a full time job. I'm thinking of going back to work on a summer camp, or do different projects. Anybody know any good schemes?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    PussyKatty wrote:
    It's nearly summer (ish), so what are you going to be doing with your long break?

I can't make my mind up. I finish uni this year but don't really want to go straight into a full time job. I'm thinking of going back to work on a summer camp, or do different projects. Anybody know any good schemes?

I start my placement year in July, so don't get much of a holiday this year. My exams finish 25th May, so I'm going on holiday for a week after them, and then hopefully getting a part time job to try and pay some of the overdraft off before starting my placement.
    I am signing up to temping agencies in attempt to get some type of admin job. I will also be going to the uni job fair for the same thing.

I have recently thought that I should maybe try and get summer work experience in some kind of legal environment because I'm quite interested in going into law once I have finished my degree-the only thing is, I dont think things like that are usually paid and I need the money :(
    I'll get a full time job over the summer to earn plenty of currency to exchange for goods and services.
    I'll be working, like I normally am.