Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

overdose on coke

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi im 14 if i had 1 line of coke would it kill me cuz im going to try it soon
:confused::confused::confused::confused:
plz reply i need to know

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the likelyhood is probably not, although the possibility does exist...

cocaine is a coagulant and a stimulant therefore it both thickens the blood and speeds up heartrate, which can place undue strain on the system. If you have heart problems or severe asthma then stimulants in general are not a good idea...

Most cocaine is cut with bulking agents and so the strength of it will vary...one line is unlikely to kill a first time user but overdose is possible...

At 14 i would be very careful...its not the instant death thats the issue...cocaine is a very destructive drug and can be very habit forming, as it has the ability to 'highjack' the pleasure and reward centers of the brain (in very simple terms).

Regular use, even weekly cocaine use, can become a health problem for some people. If you are going to do it, stick to one line and see what the effect is before you do more, if at all.

The high from coke fades relatively quickly compared to other substances, so that is why people tend to top up with more. Just because you arent high doesnt mean the substance has completely left your body, so be careful how much you do in one session. There is also the moral issue with coke; when you buy it, more than most other recreational drugs you are funding horrible criminal activity and truely horrendous civil wars globally. Be under no illusions that the extreme likelyhood is that more than a few people have died, probably in quite nasty ways, to bring you that Ching.

Be under no illusions that you are messing with a seriously dangerous and addictive substance here, and at a very young age. If you are caught with it the Police will take a very serious view of one so young using this substance...
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I don't have much to add to what Martin has said, except that you could have a look at theSite's factsheet on Cocaine, and if you are thinking about taking coke, find out as much as you possibly can about it so you can make an informed decision. And I would ask you why you are thiking about taking an illegal, potentially dangerous and addictive drug at your age - what's the rush?
    if i could personaly intervene ...i'd cut the nuts of people who allow class A drugs to get into the hands of children ...seriously.
    where are you hoping to get it from?
    No probably not
    if i could personaly intervene ...i'd cut the nuts of people who allow class A drugs to get into the hands of children ...seriously.
    where are you hoping to get it from?

I'm not one for that kind of punishment Rolly but I am certainly worried about the lowering age at which people try strong drugs.

When I was a teenager it was relatively normal to smoke cannabis but very rare for kids to do much else, now 13 or 14 year olds are regularly taking pills and other stuff.
    your 14 are you stupid?!
    I've found that too bong, round here people are taking drugs at a yonger age and not just the odd toke of a spliff, coke speed and pills too.

That can't be good for a 14 year old.
    You may think you can make adult choices, but in real terms you cant, someones personality changes so much when they are in their teens, you, for want of not sounding cheesy, find out who you are.

That and of course you are going through big physical changes, I really wouldnt want to fuck that up, you might end up in some sort of arrested development.

Puberty is a grim process, of course it is, you want to fit in and have friends but its just a stage, one that virtually no-one enjoys, I'd warn against even doing cannabis that much and drinking isnt going to do you any favours either.
    If there was one drug I'd advise people not to take all the time it'd be cannabis, it's a headfuck and too much too regularly really does produce problems, you become too lazy and just find yourself getting stoned all the time.

And people say cannabis isn't addictive. :rolleyes:
    I definately know I had a problem with it for a while, doing bongs ALL the time, I was wasted virtually every waking hour, it really isnt good for you.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    judi wrote:
    your 14 are you stupid?!

I'm not sure that was entirely necessary, and it certainly wasn't informative or constructive...
    I definately know I had a problem with it for a while, doing bongs ALL the time, I was wasted virtually every waking hour, it really isnt good for you.

i think drug education in this country has confused the addiction debate somewhat...
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    *Stupid fucking board*
    Weekender Offender 
    I started using class A's when I was 14/15 and don't regret it one bit. Ifhad a wicked time.
    Though I accept it probably didn't do my body any good.

Edited to add that I probably didn't start using coke until I was 18/19.
    Weekender Offender 
    I started using class A's around the time I was 14/15 and I don't regret it one bit.
    I had a wicked time though I do accept it probably didn't do my body any good.

yeah but half of your happy memories seem to be linked to the fact that YOUR drug use was centered around going to some of the Old DreamScape events and so on...

I don't think thats the case here, its not really part of a scene its just experimentation at a very young age with a very harmful substance...
    yeah but half of your happy memories seem to be linked to the fact that YOUR drug use was centered around going to some of the Old DreamScape events and so on...

I don't think thats the case here, its not really part of a scene its just experimentation at a very young age with a very harmful substance...

True.
    Weekender Offender 
    As I've said before Skive, it may well have been fine for you, and the occasional pill MAY be alright for most teenagers.

But with a lot of kids we're not talking the occasional pill, and its a big MAYBE when it comes to harm.

You could have been a genius, you just dont know how much less of a life you are living now that you could have had.
    bongbudda wrote:
    I'm not one for that kind of punishment Rolly but I am certainly worried about the lowering age at which people try strong drugs. When I was a teenager it was relatively normal to smoke cannabis but very rare for kids to do much else, now 13 or 14 year olds are regularly taking pills and other stuff.
    Added to the fact that drugs such as cannabis are now up to 30 times stronger than they were as many years ago, it's all rather worrying. I remember over-hearing some kids when I was at school talking about how they were gonna take E's later that evening. I was surprised to hear it, but not shocked.
    Added to the fact that drugs such as cannabis are now up to 30 times stronger than they were as many years ago

this is a really wild generalisation and i'd love to know how this 'figure' was constructed...

pill use is becoming so normalised in some areas that its scarey, though
    hey no dont b silly, ave been takin charlie since i was 15 and love it i dont take it all the time its far to expensive, but it can b addictive just make sure u r in control, u will have a great time!! xx
    (1) this is a really wild generalisation and i'd love to know how this 'figure' was constructed...
    (2) pill use is becoming so normalised in some areas that its scarey, though
    I'm not quite sure where I got this figure from, though I would say it could be stronger these days, possibly because the way cannabis is grown has changed. I understand that some is grown in large warehouses these days?
    (2) Agreed completely.
    My adivise is to stay away from coke.

It's a filthy, over rated, over priced and fashionable drug. The travesty of it being that it's highly addicitve as well.

If you want to experiment with a drug then your best bet is probably weed. You can gauge it a lot better than any of the stronger substances.
    bongbudda wrote:
    You could have been a genius, you just dont know how much less of a life you are living now that you could have had.

But equally I could have missed out on some of the best nights of my life. It works both ways.
    Who's to say I'm now living less of life now anyway?
    Weekender Offender 
    I wudnt touch coke ever. Why not stick to weed or shrooms ? :o 14 is way too young
    It's a filthy, over rated, over priced and fashionable drug. The travesty of it being that it's highly addicitve as well.

I have never really been a fan of coke either, I like crack but then that's even more addictive.
    Weekender Offender 
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Added to the fact that drugs such as cannabis are now up to 30 times stronger than they were as many years ago, .
    sorry mate but not true.
    more scare mongering i'm afraid.
    intensive growing under lights can mean stronger weed ...but certainly not 30 times stronger but ...i have grown cannabis outdoors and in a greenhouse that beats everything on the streets for strength ...many times now.
    Acid years ago was far stronger than it was now, i heard it was because people didn't know the exact dose of acid at that time and just threw aload of LSD in for one dose for a person.
    Shogun wrote:
    Acid years ago was far stronger than it was now, i heard it was because people didn't know the exact dose of acid at that time and just threw aload of LSD in for one dose for a person.
    the reason acisd was stronger was because it was all coming from a legitamate company called the sandoz chemical co ...the dose has been known about since hoffman first synthesized it in the 1940's.
    sandoz were manufacturing it for psycho wards etc but overan production constantly ...by millions of tabs so that the ilegal market could be supplied as well ...all with the blessingof the cia and british inteligence ...the people responsible for introducing lsd and cannabis into university campuses.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Added to the fact that drugs such as cannabis are now up to 30 times stronger .
    and to this day ...i have never come across bud that is anywhere near as strong as the best resins ...
    the people responsible for introducing lsd and cannabis into university campuses

and where did this come from then?