Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

harsh marking..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
i spent hours doing an assignment.i got it back and only got 45%!i was gutted, even though its a pass!
when i was reading the feedback and the marking breakdown, my tutor was so harsh!!the things he was writing were so out of order, like 'poor effort'!!
he put that in one section i had used no referencing from literature, but i did and he ticked it in the txt!!
i was readin a few of my friends work and it was much poorer than mine but they got higher marks.the tutor had written critisms for their feedback rather than just being mean!!
i just dont understand why he was like this with mine!!!
just want a rant cos i spent so long on this assignment and put so much effort it just to be completly shut down!!! :banghead:
i suppose at the end of the day, its a pass and only 20% of my overall mark, will just have to do well in my tests!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I've had that with my Psychology module - I'm gonna get it remarked.

Get a different teacher from that department to remark it?
  • Options
  • Options
    Keira wrote:
    I've been there. I asked the teacher about it and he told me my work actually did deserve a higher mark, but he wasn't going to give it to me, because he just wasn't like that :confused: Meanwhile he had no problems giving others higher marks.

Yep I've had exactly the same thing said. Pretty annoying since it would make the difference between the 2:1 mark he gave me and the 1st I should have had. Would also make my overall mark for the year so far equal a 1st rather than 69.6% :mad: