Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

will i get priority?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
:crazyeyes im off to glamorgan uni in september and im reeally hoping to get a place in the halls of accommodation - en suite specifically! (dont ask why!)

i live on the isle of man so i have to travel like 4 hours on the boat to liverpool then another 4 hour car trip to get down there (or about an hours trip on plane - but i will be bringing stuff down a lot so thats not reeally an option just yet)
will i get priority for getting the place i want because i live so far away? i also think im classed as an overseas student so will that make a difference??
ive asked my mum about it but she is no help whatsoever so ive resorted to this site :)

Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    soraliah wrote:
    :crazyeyes im off to glamorgan uni in september and im reeally hoping to get a place in the halls of accommodation - en suite specifically! (dont ask why!)

i live on the isle of man so i have to travel like 4 hours on the boat to liverpool then another 4 hour car trip to get down there (or about an hours trip on plane - but i will be bringing stuff down a lot so thats not reeally an option just yet)
    will i get priority for getting the place i want because i live so far away? i also think im classed as an overseas student so will that make a difference??
    ive asked my mum about it but she is no help whatsoever so ive resorted to this site :)

Yes, of course you would get priority. But remember alot of people would get priority. But I am sure you will get a place.

:)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    You will get priority for accommodation however, that does not mean you will get your first choice, especially if it is a popular choice.

Just because you said that you would like ensuite doesn't mean you will get it.
  • Options
    Most unis have enough room on campus/in halls for all first years, so the likelihood of you not getting a space is minimal. On the other hand, you may not necessarily get en suite bathroom, it's entirely dependent on the facilities they have and how they choose who gets what.

Personally, I chose to share a bathroom, got it, and met a great friend because of it.