Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

UK seaside resorts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
We always go to Blackpool or Skeggy areas during the 6 weeks hols but this year I fancy a change. Where would you suggest we go and why ?

If it helps any we do like Haven Sites because there is lots to keep little un amused, entertainment on the night so dont have to worry about finding pubs that allow kids and have something on for them.

Im in the North east and looking at about 4 hr ish (max) drive.

Ta :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I went to the haven site at Riviere sands near st Ives last year. Its in cornwall so might be a bit further than you were hoping for, but its right on the beach and its a lovely area.
  • Options
    great yarmouth is a shit hole. don't go if you value your life.

north norfolk is nice, holcombe is gourgeous cromer, sheringham, and further south lowestoft, and southwold is lovely, much more to do in suffolk though...and probably easier to get to...though depends where you're coming from...
  • Options
    i spent my childhood on the somerset coast, near minehead, but that's a bit of a trek for you.

i love whitby. i don't know if there's a holiday camp thing around an about, but there's loads of stuff to do there, it's pretty close, and it's so nice.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    i spent my childhood on the somerset coast, near minehead, but that's a bit of a trek for you.

i love whitby. i don't know if there's a holiday camp thing around an about, but there's loads of stuff to do there, it's pretty close, and it's so nice.

Ive been to whitby many times and I like it for the day but not sure about going there for 2 weeks.

Ive also heard Prestatyn is nice, will work the milage out for that one. Whats wrong with Yarmouth ?

Id love Cornwall but thats far too much travelling..Im worse than our Rebecca for travelling. I start saying 'are we nearly there yet' and thats after half an hour lol

• Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    If it helps any we do like Haven Sites

In which case try Caister, MoK jnrs both enjoyed that place...
  • Options
    I'd say try the Yorkshire coast - Scarborough, Filey, Whitby, Bridlington. There are at least 2 action-packed Haven sites there (I've visited all three as a kid, plenty of times!!) Primrose Valley and Blue Dolphin. There's another one too, Reighton Sands, but its a bit quieter and not as much stuff for kids. There used to be Cayton Bay, about 3 miles out of Scarborough, but its owned by a private company now.

I used to love Haven when I was small... Rorys Tiger Club and all that jazz. Brilliant! :D
  • Options
    I absolutely love Brighton! Have a look at

itchybrighton.co.uk

for advice!
  • Options
    Norfolk :yes:
  • Options
    Bridlington.

Heh. I live there and its a dump!
  • Options
    Hi,while your looking ,take a look at Hunstanton,just up the road from,Yarmouth,and brilliant for kids,very safe beaches :DHappy Holiday Hunting!
  • Options
    How about Berwick (Upon Tweed)?
  • Options
    Why is yarmouth so bad?

ANyway butlins is skegness, never been there but meant to be good.
  • Options
    Whitley Bay :p
  • Options
    yeah get your self to whitley bay, mucho fun to be had there! went for my 21st, been twice in total!
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    yeah get your self to whitley bay, mucho fun to be had there! went for my 21st, been twice in total!

The scary thing is your lack of sarcasm.

twisted trinity says everywhere is a shithole, it makes her so goth.

My aunt has very good things to say about Christchurch in Dorset, although it's slightly more than a four hour journey from County Durham.
  • Options
    Whitley Bay :p

Nah, its a shit hole......innit hehehehe

We went to Berwick (well Haggerston Castle) and enjoyed it, but dont fancy that for the 2 weeks. I think it will be somewhere down South...just for a change.

thhanks guys :)
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    Nah, its a shit hole......innit hehehehe

We went to Berwick (well Haggerston Castle) and enjoyed it, but dont fancy that for the 2 weeks. I think it will be somewhere down South...just for a change.

thhanks guys :)
    :9
    but what about sunny blackpool :(

Devon has some of the nicest places ever get a flight to save time driving go somewhere like dawlish *nods*
  • Options
    Whitby is an ace place for kids. Been a good few times, last time was a few years ago now, but theres plenty to do. Theres a Haven resort, a few mins walk away from the town, but theres a beach right next to it. The town does have a lot going on, last time i stayed there was for a week in a rented house. If you have a driver with you you're fine, theres Robin Hood's bay nearby which is cool, and Scarborough, which has an alright water park if its a sunny day, and you're not a fan of the thriller rides. Plus the town is ace too.
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    Whitby is an ace place for kids. Been a good few times, last time was a few years ago now, but theres plenty to do. Theres a Haven resort, a few mins walk away from the town, but theres a beach right next to it. The town does have a lot going on, last time i stayed there was for a week in a rented house. If you have a driver with you you're fine, theres Robin Hood's bay nearby which is cool, and Scarborough, which has an alright water park if its a sunny day, and you're not a fan of the thriller rides. Plus the town is ace too.

I totally agree. Obviously the Yorkshire coast is the place to go! :thumb:
  • Options
    Yarmouth is bad because it's full of crime, very run down, and full of scum. i wouldn't drive in yarmouth with out having all my doors locked. It's a really horrible scummy and tbh dangerous place. Go to north norfolk or suffolk, much much nicer.
  • Options
    hahahahaha. it's not too bad by day now they're sprucing it up! got a large amount of money put in to it. but yeah the rest of norfolk cost is nicer to stay in, just not much to do.but then that depends on what ya like doing i suppose.
    you live there or near??
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I totally agree. Obviously the Yorkshire coast is the place to go! :thumb:
    Thats cause Yorkshire is fucking ace in general.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Thats cause Yorkshire is fucking ace in general.
    Except anywhere east of Leeds and south of Filey.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:
    Except anywhere east of Leeds and south of Filey.
    I don't know, I think it balances itself out.
  • Options
    Whitley Bay is definitely not what it was, the beach is still fine but apart from that there's not much a family can do.
  • Options
    Forgot to mention Sandy Bay but the only up side to that is it's just down to the road from me :razz: :D.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    Forgot to mention Sandy Bay but the only up side to that is it's just down to the road from me :razz: :D.

I went there about 7 yrs ago. Just had a weekend in a caravan, even though its not far from me like but it was a change anyhow.