Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do I stop being hated?!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I don't even know why everyone dislikes me. I hear them say I'm a Know-it-alll when I just answer about the same amount of questions as this guy everyone likes. Is it because I'm the only Asian in the class? Because I wear glasses, do i look like a geek? No one talks to me (I have only two friends-to-the-end) and I know there making jokes about me. It was only in fifth and sixth grade where I was plenty popular, then I left for a year an am faced with jeers... :banghead:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Im sorry to hear youre going through this. Its a form of bullying and theyre trying to intimidate you into dumbing down to fit in with them, but the truth is, they probably feel intimidated by your intelligence (which says more about them than it does about you)

You keep doing what youre doing because you will get a lot further than them in life im sure. I dont know if its because youre asian - do they make remarks about that?
  • Options
    Well, before when I was well liked, I had a lot of peopl in my class who where chinese too and we were all great friends and socialized with everyone else, but they all left leaving me and Janet so we couldn't exactly form a clique right? Thanks for replying, by the way. :cool:
  • Options
    its hard,but try not to let them bother you....they are the ones with the problems really not you. they need to grow up.
  • Options
    Is it because I'm the only Asian in the class? Because I wear glasses, do i look like a geek?
    has anyone said that to you, or is that just your guess that, that is why they don't like you?

- if people are against you because of your ethnic origin - thats very serious, and if that is the case, you should report them to your school/college/whatever.

but, like Rainbow bright said they are probably just intimidated by your intelligence. - so sod them!! - you can't win with people like that - it's jelousy. take comfort in the fact that you are better than them at what you do. and don't let them get to you.

are you involved in any exta curricular activities? - becasue, that could be a good way of making friends with people of similar interests to yours.

more importantly: you cannot make anyone like you. - why would you want friends like that anyway?

you say that you have "two friends" - so make the most of them, and keep your chin up! :)
  • Options
    they probably feel intimidated by your intelligence

i think the opposite...they want the intelligence, either can't get it or are so sucked in by being "cool" they deliberately be stupid, then resort to picking on the "geek"
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    i think the opposite...they want the intelligence, either can't get it or are so sucked in by being "cool" they deliberately be stupid, then resort to picking on the "geek"
    Yeah, that must be it, and it thoroughly bugs me, them being stupid that is. I know I'd get along perfectly fine with them if they would only start talking to me themselves
  • Options
    Dont let them bother you, You should stay more alined with your education than to be bothered by what they think about you. Ignore them and your problems will go away. And as for the friend dilemma, you or probably not looking for the right groups of friends. Perhaps you make the rest of the class feel awkward? Besides I am sure you would feel more at ease with some people who share your same cultur right? I dont know but if one day I was would be the only white guy in a black school... yeah I would feel way out of place too... (no racism or anything) but like I would be surrounded by a whole new cultur and I am affraid of changing something I have been used to for 17 years. Maybe they feel that if they let you "in" you will enforce certain changes in their "clicks"

Hope I was of some Help!
  • Options
    i think that it is better if you go to a school full of your own kind. i am chinese and i went to a school full of whites and blacks who didnt care much about their education, but when i moved schools with a lot of asians it was ok, i guess we brownies/yellowies stick together more as we are kinad different. so what school do you go to and what year are you in school? PM me, you sound like someone that i will get along with
  • Options
    vmong wrote:
    i think that it is better if you go to a school full of your own kind. i am chinese and i went to a school full of whites and blacks who didnt care much about their education, but when i moved schools with a lot of asians it was ok, i guess we brownies/yellowies stick together more as we are kinad different. so what school do you go to and what year are you in school? PM me, you sound like someone that i will get along with

Her "own kind"?? She's not a different species you know... Everyone here is human, I don't know that many monkeys or other animalia who can type on computers... :yeees:

And that has to be the worst advice I've ever read.
    I'm catholic, but I've never called myself, or let myself be reffered to, "TAIG" or any other derrogitory term. Why are you referring to your race as "yellowies" and "brownies"?

You can't "stop" being hated, but maybe they just don't feel like they know you very well?

Perfectstyle, check out these websites for some points of view and experiences on bullying - I know you're not experiencing physical abuse but verbal comments are still a type of bullying.

http://www.need2know.co.uk/beatbullying/

http://www.antibully.org.uk/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onelife/personal/index.shtml?bullying

http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/wholeschool/behaviour/tacklingbullying/
  • Options
    well regarding my references to race, it is common in my school to refer to these terms as it is considered funny, they make up brownies and i kinda made up yellow. as for yo mentioning species, as for "own kind" i mean that when you are with people the same race as you they seem more understanding, especially in the minorities. that what i mean.
    just wondering am i right in thinking that you are white?
  • Options
    vmong wrote:
    just wondering am i right in thinking that you are white?

No, Im fucking purple.
    If you have nothing intelligent to contribute to the boards then shut up.
  • Options
    I'm in a wee bit of a hurray, and I haven't read all the posts, but if they're refering tpo you as a "know it all", I'd take it as a big time COMPLEMENT, and feel sorry for your lesser contemporaries...sorry for any type-o's.

Do these people matter to tyou?

I think you know what I'm getting at, if you've half the brain I think you have!!