Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Acne & Milk

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Drinking milk may give you acne
Saturday February 26 2005 17:52 IST
ANI

LONDON: Drinking milk may have several benefits but now a new research has revealed that women who drink more than two servings of skimmed milk every day risk developing acne.

The study discovered that women who have two or more servings of skimmed milk are 44 per cent more likely to develop severe acne, reports the Daily Mail.

The research blamed the presence of hormones and bioactive molecules in milk for triggering the condition.

Researchers also found women who drank more than three daily servings of any type of milk are 22 per cent more likely to suffer from acne.

The report said: "We found a positive association with acne for intake of total milk and skim milk.

We hypothesise that the association with milk may be because of the presence of hormones and bioactive molecules in milk."

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    um, so this only affects women............? :confused: wtf are hormones and bioactive molecules doing in milk in the first place?? doesn't sound safe does it.......why can't they just leave shit alone, there are preservatives/additives/e numbers and various unknowns in everything these days it can't be healthy........
    The hormones are from what they feed to the cows.
    Buy organic :yes:
    apollo_69 wrote:
    um, so this only affects women............? :confused: wtf are hormones and bioactive molecules doing in milk in the first place?? doesn't sound safe does it.......why can't they just leave shit alone, there are preservatives/additives/e numbers and various unknowns in everything these days it can't be healthy........

Are you kidding me...

First of all maybe it affect women cos milk comes from female cows?? Whilst the males under up as hamburgers.

Then you got to think that a cow is only supposed to produce milk when it has a calf, so they're puping full of all sorts to make it produce milk throughout the year.

Don't forget the bacteria in milk too, afterall that's what makes it go off, try cravendale milk which is better filtered and you see how much longer milk can really last when better filtered.

Mass produced milk is full of all sorts of stuff
    i guess milk is one thing i don't know much about, you got me worried now i drink pints of the stuff.......i still don't get why it only affects women tho, of course female cows produce milk what has that got to do with it.....? you're right about cravendale tho it actually tastes better as well........and i can't afford organic, i can barely afford milk full stop.
    apollo_69 wrote:
    i guess milk is one thing i don't know much about, you got me worried now i drink pints of the stuff.......i still don't get why it only affects women tho, of course female cows produce milk what has that got to do with it.....? you're right about cravendale tho it actually tastes better as well........and i can't afford organic, i can barely afford milk full stop.

Maybe men's hormones have something in them that helps them or maybe cos it's most girls are smaller then most guys so same amount of milk has different affects.. dunno
    i have organic milk ..will i be ok?