Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Okay I Have A Good Question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
okay my friend is in a relationship with someone 10 years older than him he is not yet 18 but there is no sexuall contact is that still illigal

Comments

• Options
    technically yes...logically no

dont u hate it when it happends like seniors asking freshmens to the prom ><.... desperateness... andddd YES it is illegal... if it goes to sex.. its jail
  • Options
    Your friend is not yet 18? or the person they're going out with is not yet 18? Because those are whole other levels of wrongness if it's the latter.
  • Options
    It depends where your located and what the local laws in your country are - in the UK the age of consent is 16 so with your friend not yet being 18 there is no problem as long as they are over the age of 16 - if its younger then then any kind of sexual activity is illegal I belive - i'm sure hannah will post the sites sex and the law article in a sec.

But if your not in the UK then you need to find out what the law is where you are - because it varies differently all around the world.........
  • Options
    no sexuall contact
    in the uk
    :no:
    it's perfectly legal.
  • Options
    he thanks for the help but why would it be illigal if theres no sex involved in the relationship it makes no sense but all tell my friend she can get in trouble and they need to put things on hold
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Your friend is not yet 18? or the person they're going out with is not yet 18? Because those are whole other levels of wrongness if it's the latter.
    Answer this please...
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Answer this please...

He said that his friend is in a relationship with someone ten years older than him. he then said that his friend was not yet 18. Making the person he's going out with mid-late twenties. that clearer hun?

As far as i'm aware, there are no laws against relationships. Sexual contact has regulations but relationships don't. therefore, if their relationship has no sexual contact at all then it's not illegal. once the sexual contact starts, yes it is.
  • Options
    What is it that so hard about basic puntuation that means people can't use it?!
  • Options
    punctuation = readable

and wtf?
  • Options
    If its strictly non-sexual then i think its okay. However, probably frowned upon by most people :/
  • Options
    Here's when I put in a bit of personal experience. I dated someone 11 and a half years older than me only a year ago. We were together for six months and yes it was a sexual relationship I was 16 so legal age making what we were doing legal. Doesn't mean that there wasn't a sense of wrongness about it though.

Be understanding with your friend. You may not understand but they may be perfectly happy.
  • Options
    its perfectly legal. some people might see it as 'wrong' but thats their choice. I was seeing someone 14 years older than me when i was 16. I'm now 18 and we're still together