Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

dress for a leavers ball and a wedding

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey all1
got my uni leavers do in june, and then my friends wedding in august. i want 1 dress i can wear for both, but im not sure what to go for. Im a size 12, but have a smallish chest, but wide hips (got some lovehandles :( )
im thinking of a style like the one below (pic taken from freak's thread on dresses, sorry!) :
http://www.debenhams.com/jv/product_details_jv.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=7392899&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=7638219&bmUID=1109273977775
ive looked around, but does anybody have some ideas on something that would be suitable for both occasions. i want something fancy for the leavers do, but dont want to look too dressy for the wedding!
Help!!
SBG

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I actually really like that one.

I reckon providing you don't buy one with a huge white train you should be fine :)
    That dress you posted a link to, thats my bridesmaids dress! For when my cousin gets married in May. Its a dusky pink colour though...just thought I'd tell you :D

I reckon its really nice for a leavers do but pretty dressed up for a wedding, is it to wear during the day?
    Whistles have some really nice clothes for weddings in at the moment I was only lamenting the other day that I needed a wedding to be able to justify buying them. They are a little bit quirky but not too much so and suitable for a leavers ball as well. Or try jigsaw or monsoon - sorry i cant' find any examples to send you but in general i'd go for something knee length with some colurs and detail in it.
    I have just bought a dress from debenhams very similar to that first one for a formal military dinner. I agree that it is lovely and great for your leavers prom but you may look like a bridesmaid at the wedding. You could lways lok on ebay and get two dresses for the price of one! I bought a debut dress from ebay which was brand new with the tags still attached and it was £16 including postage when the label said £80!!! I tried the size that they had on ebay on in debenhams to check for sizing and it was perfect! I was well chuffed and would recommend that option - it's also nicer having two dresses!!
    I had to buy a dress the other for a launch party for my work's tv channel and for my sisters wedding which will be in July... this is the one i got...

Its quite hard to get one for both events.... it depends more on the colour of the wedding... well im a bridesmaid so it had to be lilac

I got it from Monsoon
    aimz - thats a lovely dress!!
    hey all
    thanx for the replies. GWST, i agree with u. im just sorta trying to save money, but i do like that dress. may buy that for my leavers do, and another one for the wedding!
    aimz, that dress is lovely!!
    SBG
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    aimz wrote:
    I had to buy a dress the other for a launch party for my work's tv channel and for my sisters wedding which will be in July... this is the one i got...

Its quite hard to get one for both events.... it depends more on the colour of the wedding... well im a bridesmaid so it had to be lilac

I got it from Monsoon

Monsoon have some lovely dresses. I am planning on getting my wedding dress there as I don't want a "proper" wedding dress as there isn't going to be many people there and don't see the point in a big, expensive white dress for such a small wedding.

Take a look there and you may get something for both ocassions.

Otherwise, yes, Debenhams always have nice ball dresses too.
    *nods* monsoon decked me out proper nice new years eve!Although full price is alot so check out ebay for cheaper items! Theyare so lovely from monsoon that I could have been a princess that night!
    You could always try TK Maxx too, they have some really nice evening dresses and reasonable prices too, and then you could get a different dress for the wedding. But TK Maxx is defnintely worth a look in my opinion. :)