Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

was he only after one thing?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Like everyone's said (bar stargalaxy) there can be so many different scenarios here. The bloke could have been after one thing, he could be shy, he might be not wanting to seem desperate, he might have a girlfriend etc. So there's only one way you'll know and that's if you take the strong step and just text/phone him. All you'll lose is a little pride if he says no ta or just doesn't answer your call but at least you'll know. If he says yep let's meet up then hey everything's cool.
    Why don't you just text him saying "hi, just wondered if you were out this weekend and wanted to meet up somewhere?". As long as you keep it casual then i can't see how it will hurt anybody.

And stargalaxy - tommo is maybe being a little harsh on their judgement but i must admit that the basics of their point is ringing true
    Carolina wrote:
    And stargalaxy - tommo is maybe being a little harsh on their judgement but i must admit that the basics of their point is ringing true
    Tommo might like to bear in mind this post from Spanner before attacking me further. I reserve the right to hold an opinion different to the others and see no reason to make any apologies.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Tommo might like to bear in mind this post from Spanner before attacking me further. I reserve the right to hold an opinion different to the others and see no reason to make any apologies.
    by making the opinion the right is reserved for a response....though a certain amount of tact should be involved!
    Responding with a good come back is better than running to the mods IMO :D
    VinylVicky wrote:
    by making the opinion the right is reserved for a response....though a certain amount of tact should be involved!
    Responding with a good come back is better than running to the mods IMO :D
    Just making the point clear. These boards are about freedom of speech. I respect that, I think the place thrives on it.
    stargalaxy you are such a penis.

Yes i do want to see an encore.
    Im waiting.

The reason i was banned for insulting you is because you got on your high horse about drug taking to such an extent one girl nearly killed herself.
    something needed to be said.
    You're ridiculously PC comments almost cost someone her life.

Whats the betting he runs to the mods!!!

silly little boy
    VinylVicky wrote:
    fuck it- you live once, ring him

:yes: YES! That's why all this phone number etiquette stuff is so rubbish! Why is the impetus always on the guy to ring? If the girl has his number too the ball is just as much in her court.

Maybe he was busy, maybe *he* was hung up on phone number etiquette too, maybe he always goes to the pub with the guys that night, maybe anything....as Carolina said there are any number of explanations for a guy not calling straight away. By not ringing him yourself you'll never know. Sure, it could have been just a one night stand for him, but you can't just assume that. You could find out he wants to draw a line under it, but equally by not calling you could be missing out on something really good...

When I met my boyfriend it was in very drunken circumstances, he came back to mine for a fumble that night and we swapped numbers the following morning...by all probabilities, it should have been just a very brief affair, a few dates and some good memories (or even just that one night), but I phoned him up the next day and we arranged a date for the day after. It turned out that despite the random way we met we had so much in common and we're still together 4 years on. You never know until you try...:)
    tommo24 wrote:

Im waiting.

The reason i was banned for insulting you is because you got on your high horse about drug taking to such an extent one girl nearly killed herself.

silly little boy
    He doesn't have to, you're being a royal prat, the mods read every post and they'll read this. I await your banning with a lively anticipation.
    tommo24 wrote:

Im waiting.

silly little boy

:rolleyes: Now who's the silly boy... now we know you've been banned before, it's bye-bye :wave:
    spanner wrote:
    :rolleyes: Now who's the silly boy... now we know you've been banned before, it's bye-bye :wave:
    Thanks, Spanner. :)
    However, I would like to point out that the post you linked to warning Tommo24 was nothing to do with this thread or its content
    spanner wrote:
    However, I would like to point out that the post you linked to warning Tommo24 was nothing to do with this thread or its content
    Agreed. Was merely making the point at the time that you'd warned him about his behaviour. But when he made that claim, I saw red. I would never do such a thing, I was deeply offended and lost my temper. So, when I posted that, I was just downright angry. I apologise for posting your link when it wasn't related, however.
    well thanx to everyone for all ur advice, didnt mean to cause all this drama!! well texted him, no reply, decided i cant actually be arsed to ring him. prob just leave it til im horny he he. thank you anyway, it was my first post and i was really impressed with all the help offered. xx
    well thanx to everyone for all ur advice, didnt mean to cause all this drama!! well texted him, no reply, decided i cant actually be arsed to ring him. prob just leave it til im horny he he. thank you anyway, it was my first post and i was really impressed with all the help offered. xx
    Glad to see we could be of help.
    well why cant you ring him? he hasnt rang you but you havn't rang him either. men get cold feet to. for all you know he could be sat at home trying not to look at his mobile every two seconds.

if you dont ring him you will regret it.

if you do ring him, even if he says that he isnt interested what have you lost? atleats you will know where you stand.

:)

*edited because i hadnt read to the end of the thread :blush: *