Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hauppauge WinTv

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just reconnected up and installed my external usb Wintv adapter, got a tv aerial plugged into it which is connected up to the sky downstairs ( :D ). Anyway... it works fine but im having an annoying problem which i'd love a solution to if anyone knows of one, problem is this; When i record something onto my HD and then go and play it back the audio doesnt match up to what your seeing, very infuriating becaus ei cant not notice it, its very distracting, almost unviewable tbqh.

I tried playing around with the recording options which only made it worse so i left it for now. It has an editing tool with it but even that most of the time is useless.

Gimme some ideas as ot what i can do to make it better.. please :p

i'll be most greatfull to you :yippe:

Comments

• Options
    I think if you look into DIVX making from DVD's there are some synchronisation programs that should be able to sort out the timing problem
  • Options
    I think if you look into DIVX making from DVD's there are some synchronisation programs that should be able to sort out the timing problem

Thanks i'll check that out.

A new problem im having which is worse is yesterday i unplugged the WinTv from its usb port to use it for something else for 2 minutes and when i plugged it back in and tried running the application i got about 3/4 error messages, the indicator light doesnt come on on the usb device anymore and it refuses to run, i've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers ( which includes the new version of them also ) but it refuses to work, now it seems to be refusing to acknowledge that ive even tried to install it :grump:
  • Options
    First thing check the port itself that you are plugging it into and see if that works. Next is to try the device on another machine. Basically isolate where your problem is.
  • Options
    How very odd. i kept trying and eventually it re-installed fine... :s
  • Options
    could be power drain my laptop doesn't work correctly if too many devices are plugged in - remember USB cables supply power.
  • Options
    try a different codec for encoding, I had same problem on an internal TV card and a desktop